PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk shampoo and leave-in for baby....

veronica
03-14-2008, 08:47 AM
I have been faithfully using the mustela shampoo for DD for about 18 months. While it is $10 , I have only had to buy two bottles the whole time. Lately, as her hair is growing so much faster now , I have noticed that it is getting dry and frizzy looking. she as an average amount of fine hair with a cute curl at the ends.
I just bought the Johnsons 2 in one for curly hair (extra moisturizing) and the green johnson's detangler and now it looks like her hair is greasy. We use a tiny amount of the shampoo and only one squirt of the detangler.

So-back to square one. Any suggestions??

clc053103
03-14-2008, 09:00 AM
I would try the Johnsons 2 in 1 alone, skip the detangler and see if you notice a difference. DS has very coarse hair and I found just the 2 in 1 alone has made a huge difference.

KrystalS
03-14-2008, 12:42 PM
My DD has really thick hair and I can't use the 2 in 1s, her hair always seemed dry. I use the loreal kids shampoo and the johnsons buddies conditioner. Since you're DD has thin hair it may not work for you though, might be too greasy.

ellies mom
03-14-2008, 12:44 PM
It is all about California Baby in this house. We have the Calming shampoo and Leave-in conditioner. The nice thing about the conditioner is that you use it to make your own detangler as well. My daughter's hair is very curly (think ribbon curls) so in the mornings, I usually work the conditioner straight into her damp hair.

But to warn you, sometimes the frizz isn't so much from a lack of moisture but because the curls are separating. So, I use a bit of Aveda's Be Curly on her hair after the conditioning stage to keep the curls together. It is pretty spendy but does a great job. A little goes a long ways too.

momtoonegirl
03-14-2008, 01:47 PM
We also use California Baby shampoo/conditioner. DD's hair is thick wavy/curly and just past shoulder length. I switched from J&J products when she was about 6 months old because of dry/frizzy hair. Since using California Baby products (She is 2 years old now), there have not been any problems with dry hair. If her hair is slightly frizzy, I have used a small amount of Original Little Sprouts Curl Calmer to keep the wave in her hair and serve as a detangler.

HTH :)

salsah
03-14-2008, 03:43 PM
I use a bit of Aveda's Be Curly on her hair after the conditioning stage to keep the curls together. It is pretty spendy but does a great job. A little goes a long ways too.

do you use aveda's be curly "curl enhancer" or "curl control"?

ellies mom
03-14-2008, 07:37 PM
do you use aveda's be curly "curl enhancer" or "curl control"?

The Curl Enhancer. They've added a lot to that line since I started using it and I always forget to specify. Sorry.

salsah
03-14-2008, 08:50 PM
The Curl Enhancer. They've added a lot to that line since I started using it and I always forget to specify. Sorry.

thanks. i've been wanting to try it for a long time. someone else once reccommended it too but didn't specify which one either (and i didn't know then that there are two types so i didn't think to ask until i went to buy it).

lets hope it works for us too!