PDA

View Full Version : Weird post- anyone end up with an outie after pregnancy?

gatorsmom
03-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Did anyone end up with an outie belly button after delivery? I'm 4 months post partum and still have an outie. Which, as you can imagine, is NOT very attractive. Especially because it sticks out of some of my knit shirts.

Am I the only one with this? If not, how long did it take for it to go away?

brittone2
03-14-2008, 10:21 AM
I had an outie prior to pregnancy but it became much more pronounced after he was born. To add to the loveliness, I have a small hernia just above it that protrudes, so I look like I have a double belly button. Fabulous, eh? ;)

I'm right there w/ you. I can see it through shirts sometimes but I find the Corsierre tanks I wear for nursing help a little bit.

hellbennt
03-16-2008, 12:07 PM
get checked for an umbilical hernia, just in case.
apparently these are more common than I would have known-
turns out I have one that needs to be addressed...

Mamma2004
03-16-2008, 07:58 PM
I had a tiny innie before pregnancy. DS was a preemie and after my emergency C-section, I had both an outie and a really scary scar. My incision has improved dramatically over the past 3 1/2 years but my outie remains!!!!! While it doesn't actually protrude, it defintely does not qualify as an "innie" at this point...

HTH,

Stephanie

Melarina
03-16-2008, 08:05 PM
I don't know what the heck kind of navel I have any more. All I know is my stomach looks like it belongs to someone else :) LOL