PDA

View Full Version : Another ebay WWYD

knaidel
03-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Last week I purchased an item for my son. The item was listed as NWT, from a seller with 98.9 % positive feedback.
In the "Policies" section it said, "No negative feedback." Ididn't think anything of it.
The item arrived on Wed. The item (a zebra costume from old navy) was definetly not NWT. Since this is a costume that will be rarely worn before being passed on to a friend, I don't care too much, but I did specificallypay for a NEW one, not pay less for something used. I sent this message.

"Hi, there was a bit of a mix-up with the Zebra costume I recieved on Wednesday. The item was not NWT, and it didn't even look NWOT. I am wondering if maybe you sent the wrong one from your inventory? Since you are clearly an experienced ebayer with lots of positive feedback, please let me know how you want to proceed. have a great weekend!"

These are the two messages from her:

"It is NEW New New. nothign I have is used. that is how it came from the store" and also

"I am insulted that you even try to allege it is not NEW as it most certainly is NEW. "

I want to leave negative feedback, as the item was not as described. She will most likely retaliate against me. Any thoughts? FWIW, I do very little selling on ebay, mostly buying.

SammyeGail
03-14-2008, 02:51 PM
If she had it listed NWT (should have some tags on it!) I'd bring that up to her. She advertised it NWT, there are not tags, therefore her description was misleading, ebay has strict description guildlines. Put it as nicely as you can.

Has she left you feedback yet? If so you are in a good position.

I have a love/hate relationship with ebay.

Samantha

ShayleighCarsensMom
03-14-2008, 03:05 PM
IF it said NWT then it should have tags.
I would email them again and let them know that it was not as described and you want a refund.
I also believe (you will want to double check!) but ebay changed their feedback policy so that sellers can NO longer leave negative feedback...

Valerie

KBecks
03-14-2008, 03:08 PM
I agree NWT should have tags. I would probably not ask for a refund, because then she will accuse you of stealing. I would go ahead and leave a negative, and I would report to Ebay her "policies".

For future reference, 98% feedback is pretty bad. If you have not tried toolhaus.org to scan feedback of sellers, I'd recommend it. You get a picture if sellers are difficult or easy to work with.

1 neg won't hurt you at all as a seller or buyer, IMO. You can also leave a response on her feedback if she negs you that shows you're a reasonable person.

egfmba
03-14-2008, 03:31 PM
Check with eBay, but I believe that they stopped allowing sellers to leave buyers feedback on February 20th of this year. So, you can leave a negative if you'd like without fear of retaliatory feedback.

Good luck with this. Sounds like the seller is a UAV!

eva

knaidel
03-14-2008, 04:04 PM
Oh, I didn't realize that 98.9% was considered "bad." Whoops, will use that toolhaus site from now on.

Ebays "no negative feedback" for sellers begins in May 2008.

I will definetly report her "policy."

For the neg. feedback, I will write something like this:
"Description said NWT, item had no tags."

Is that okay? Should it be stronger?

KBecks
03-14-2008, 04:21 PM
You could add something like.....seller uncooperative. :) I think it helps that you indicate that you made an effort to work it out but you were shut down.

But I like what you wrote too.

goodnightmoon
03-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Don't you have 60 or 90 days to leave feedback? If you wait until May to leave your feedback, she can not give a retaliatory negative. ;)

TaChapm
03-14-2008, 05:12 PM
:yeahthat:

eightiesguy
03-14-2008, 08:45 PM
I wouldn't hesitate to leave a negative in that situation.... especially since you tried to work it out. The feedback score doesn't matter as much as what the feedback says. I always skim the feedback for any red flags before bidding (things like "not as described"... even if left as positive)

Don't worry about retalitory feedback. One of the big complaints I have about ebay is that people feel obligated to leave a positive just because they don't want a retalitory negative. All this does is allow the horrible sellers to continue ripping people off. I assume that this is the reasoning behind the new feedback policy (which I don't agree with because buyers can be as bad, if not worse, than the sellers)

KrisM
03-14-2008, 11:45 PM
Check with eBay, but I believe that they stopped allowing sellers to leave buyers feedback on February 20th of this year. So, you can leave a negative if you'd like without fear of retaliatory feedback.

Good luck with this. Sounds like the seller is a UAV!

eva

The feedback change starts in May. Sellers can still leave negative feedback now.

KrisM
03-14-2008, 11:47 PM
I wouldn't leave feedback yet. I would file with Paypal, if that's how you paid, as Significantly not as described. You'll have to return it, but she'll have to refund. I'd go through that first and then do feedback.