PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been able to be innovative to make a table center piece with toddlers?

SammyeGail
03-14-2008, 03:03 PM
We lost our dining room already, its now a play room. We eat in our little eat-in kitchen area. We are still 'new' to the house, it doesn't have alot of decor, well, ok I just don't have time.

I would really like to have a little centerpiece on my kitchen table. I've thought about double sided tape, but the boys will still take it off.

I can't think creatively on this. I need some help on some items I could use that would be toddler friendly and non breakable. Also not very expensive because the boys may tear it apart.

Our kitchen wall color is gold, I call it a dark tan/mustand, we have maple cabinets and our countertops are formica but look like granite. It has various shades of tan to very dark brown. The kitchen is very 'earth tones'.

Any suggestions? I really, really want a little centerpiece. Or any other ideas to spruce up the kit table. I wish I could find some cool place mats that are vinyl coated that aren't gingham checked, lol!

Thanks for any ideas!

Samantha

KrisM
03-14-2008, 08:05 PM
How old is/are your child(ren)? Can you have them make something that is a centerpiece? Maybe something for each holiday or season. If they help to make it, they may be more gentle with it, since it's theirs.

lizajane
03-14-2008, 09:42 PM
how about a wooden bowl of fruit. matches the earth tones, serves a purpose, nearly indestructable and allows kids to get their own snacks! whoo hoo!!