PDA

View Full Version : Just back from Disneyland!

wendmatt
03-14-2008, 10:30 PM
Thanks to everyone for the advice. We went to Disneyland on Wednesday 12th March just for one day. I have to say it was the most wonderful experience, just like the advertisements. My 5 yo DD had the best day of her life (her words!). We arrived just before opening and thought it looked crowded, but as soon as it opened the crowd dispersed. We went on Buzz lightyear 4 times throughout the day(DD's fave), all the rides in Fantasyland, the only wait was for Peter Pan and that was about 10 mins, DH waited while DD and I went on Snow White and Pinnochio. I think we went on every ride in the park except Space Mtn, Splash Mtn and Thunder Railroad. We did go on Matterhorn Bobsleds but then DD decided it was a bit too fast and she didn't want to do the other fast ones.
The longest wait was for Nemo, DH waited while we went on Buzz again and we rejoined him and still waited about 45 mins, it's a slow line. It was cute though.
We had lunch with a friend of DH's in Downtown Disney and it was nice to sit down and relax for an hour.
We watched the fireworks and then DD fell asleep on DHs shoulder just like the adverts, so it was a totally awesome experience for us all. Much less busy than I expected, we're still on a high about it all! Just flew back to cold old Kansas today :(
I had to tell someone who would appreciate how great it was, especially without any long waits, I'm still excited about it!

hillview
03-15-2008, 08:11 PM
Wow great review. What do you think about taking a younger child or is 5 really the right age?
TIA!
/hillary

wendmatt
03-15-2008, 09:18 PM
In the Fantasy land area younger would also be great. Toon town too would be perfect for younger kids as there is a play area there as well and Micky and Minnies houses. There also just lots of things to see everywhere, so def a younger child would like it.
We were there for the whole day so it was tiring, a younger child might want a nap in a stroller or a return to the hotel if you have a few more days. There were lots of younger children having a wonderful time too but I'm glad for us that I waited till DD was 5 as she was able to hang all day, go on all the rides throughout the park and really enjoy herself.

Also, I forgot to add, there is the jungle cruise, Tarzan treehouse, Tiki room, all perfect for younger kids.

urquie
03-17-2008, 02:48 AM
we took dd when she was just under three and she/we absolutely loved it! dh remembered the magic from that age and wanted dd to experience it too :)

we brought, but never used a stroller - dd pulled out some super-human stamina as we opened and closed the park every day (off-season, so shorter hours) with time for a nap during the day :) seeing everything though her eyes was so wonderful, just like the non-stop smile on her face! this was seriously the most fun trip ever!!

also, ages two and under are free!

Wow great review. What do you think about taking a younger child or is 5 really the right age?
TIA!
/hillary

mum2nv
03-30-2008, 07:41 AM
I went to Disneyland with my 2 children last year. I am from Australia so we did the 5 day pass. It took ages getting around with the kids, but absoltely magical! I would do it again in a heartbeat! It really is the wonderful world of Disney!