PDA

View Full Version : What happened to FunOneBikes.com?

stefani
03-16-2008, 12:35 AM
I think someone else posted the same question, except that I cannot find it anymore.

What happened? Anyone has one they are trying / willing to sell?

TIA.

american_mama
03-17-2008, 11:44 AM
I don't know, but the ebay seller is tersec. We bought from him in December 2006.

Here;s another website, but it again looks out of stock:
http://www.bikemania.biz/FunOne_Children_s_Bicycle_p/funone.htm

If it comforts you at all, while I would still recommend the Fun One, I found it a tiny bit short once my somewhat tall child (then 4 1/2 years old) used the pedals (which she learned to do while the bike was in transit being shipped to us, so the no pedals element lasted only a day as a novelty). Granted, it's still the only bike she has been using these past 1+ years, but it's been too small for a while. She can use the foot/coaster brakes no problem, but the hand brakes are spaced too widely for her to get her hands around, so that additional feature was moot.

geochick
03-17-2008, 12:02 PM
I placed an order on 2/29/08. I got a confirmation. One week later when I went to check on it, it was GONE. The website was not there at all. The email I sent to them (from the confirmation) bounced back to me. I think they skipped town or went on an extended vacation. The fact that the email bounced back to me tells me they are done. I'm so sad. I don't think my credit card was charged...even though I had a confirmation.

What's Plan B for you?

stefani
03-28-2008, 06:40 PM
Ugh, that is too bad... DS has a Kinderbike, and I thought a FunOne bike will be good for his next one.... Any chance you are selling yours, America Mama?

Geochick, I am not sure what my plan B is, probably just a bike without training wheels. I wonder if a bike shop will be willing to remove the pedal and chains and then reinstall them later? What is your plan B?

C99
03-28-2008, 07:20 PM
Ugh. I placed an order on 01/20/08 and got an e-mail confirmation. The next day, I got a voicemail message from the owner saying that they could not fill my order. No explanation and no further follow up. He had called on out of area cell phone.

I still haven't found a replacement bike for DS1.

geochick
03-28-2008, 09:51 PM
Geochick, I am not sure what my plan B is, probably just a bike without training wheels. I wonder if a bike shop will be willing to remove the pedal and chains and then reinstall them later? What is your plan B?

I wish I had a plan B. I guess I'll go talk to the people in the big bike shop near here. It would be nice to get a bike that's the right size. I also want them to fit a good helmet to my kid's head. He says his is uncomfortable. He says he'll wear one if it's comfortable. Too bad about this bike!!!

stefani
04-02-2008, 01:53 AM
http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/2008/kids/ages_4_6/float/

It looks great, but pricey :-(

Thatchermom
04-02-2008, 02:32 PM
I was so sad to hear FunOne was gone, we loved ours and are really sold on the idea. It really, really did work. The Trek bike looks like it works so similarly I had to wonder if they sold their idea instead of continuing to produce it themselves. No way is DH ever going to go for replacing ours just to get a pink one for DD though! I showed him and all he had to say was "Spray paint is cheaper." Hnmph.

Other than higher cost, it seems like a great Plan B!

geochick
04-02-2008, 03:37 PM
http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/2008/kids/ages_4_6/float/

It looks great, but pricey :-(

Our local bike store has this Trek bike in stock for about $150. I'm going to check it out today. I'll let you know what I think.