PDA

View Full Version : reinventing maternity jeans?

npace19147
03-16-2008, 07:02 AM
So, I love my maternity jeans - they fit really well (and it's not just the elastic waistband!). Unfortunately, they do have that elastic waistband that screams "maternity"!

Is there any way to cover up or disguise that maternity band other than wearing a maternity top? I could live without people guessing that I'm going for #3! :lol:

nrp
03-16-2008, 10:17 AM
When I've been in the stores lately it seems that most of the non-maternity tops are longer and looser, so I bet any one of those would work well. And you would be super trendy! Or, you can always wear a long tank top under any of your existing shirts and have it peek out the bottom, covering up the waistband of your maternity jeans. I do that a lot with my regular pants and skirts. I think anything like a bella band would shout maternity (at least to anyone who has been pregnant) just as much as the elastic waistband would.

Piglet
03-16-2008, 01:58 PM
LOL - I couldn't wait to get rid of my maternity pants when I was through with them. Heck, I was tempted to invite all my friends and have a big mat clothes bonfire, but was worried about the harsh chemicals those crazy polyester mat clothes would spew into the environment. I can't fathom wanting to wear mat jeans any longer than absolutely necessary, but maybe that is because in all the time I was PG, I never had a pair that fit without my having to constantly (and very unattractively) yank them up every 30 seconds!

npace19147
03-16-2008, 08:29 PM
I live in my jeans 3 seasons out of the year, so I spent the $$ on a really good pair of maternity jeans. Probably more than I spend on non-maternity jeans. DH even commented that my maternity jeans were the best looking jeans I ever had!

jvs195
03-17-2008, 09:28 AM
I like Shade tees because they are longer and cover up things like ugly waistbands, potential gaps etc... (www.shadeclothing.com) but lots of places make longer tshirts too. Otherwise you could belt a tunic over them which is in now (I think)