PDA

View Full Version : MD/Del beach?

MartiesMom2B
03-16-2008, 01:07 PM
We're traveling this August from NC to Virginia to NJ and thought it would be fun to stop at the beach for a few days. What beach in Maryland or Delaware would you recommend. I need a place with a major hotel since we are not staying for a full week. Do you think Ocean City or Rehobeth are my best bets? Which one is nicer?

ThreeofUs
03-16-2008, 03:37 PM
I used to live in Annapolis, and most people considered OC as "party central". Rehoboth and Bethany were more family-oriented beaches.

If you're into nature, Cape Henlopen is a wonderful place - but it's a park and doesn't have a major hotel right on the beach. You could find a place to stay in nearby Lewes.

briarrose
03-16-2008, 08:35 PM
I live in Lewes and work in Rehoboth. Rehoboth is great for outlet shopping. We spend a lot of time kayyaking at Cape Henlopen State Park as a family. There is a ferry that runs from Lewes to Cape May,NJ. I love Cape May also.

HTH
Barb

StantonHyde
03-19-2008, 05:56 PM
Cape May is gorgeous but I am not sure how all those B&Bs are about kids. We stayed at Rehobeth last year--I had gone a lot when I was a kid. It is a fun town with decent family restaurants, a nice beach, and a fun boardwalk. We stayed 2 blocks from the beach--it was great.

MartiesMom2B
03-20-2008, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the responses. I've decided to scrap our plans for the beach in Del/Mar/Va since DH's canoe trip was rescheduled. We're just going to go to Wrightsville Beach in NC in June.