PDA

View Full Version : How's This For A Care Package For Multiples?

Wife_and_mommy
03-16-2008, 08:44 PM
one sleeper/beanie for each
pack of preemie dipes
box of nursing pads
magnetic game for 3.75yo DC
song video for 3.75yo DC
popped corn in ziplocs for snacks

Does that all sound okay? I've been torn on clothing but decided to do it. I'm also wondering if the popcorn won't be well-received because it will be a few days old when they receive it. We eat it like that but will they, ykwim?

bubbaray
03-16-2008, 09:08 PM
It sounds great. The only thing I would change is the magnetic game for the 3.75yo. There have been a lot of recalls on magnetic toys and preschoolers. Mom won't have a lot of time to teach/monitor the 3.75yo to play nicely with the magnetic toy. So, personally, I would pick something else. Puzzle??? DoodlePro? Coloring book and crayons??

Very thoughtful of you! :)

sue_g
03-16-2008, 09:13 PM
Everything sounds great, except that I would opt for newborn diapers or the next size up instead of the preemie size.

MamaMolly
03-16-2008, 09:13 PM
I think it is really sweet that you've remembered to include the big sibling. I hesitate on the popcorn. Is it for Mom and Dad? Because I think that would be fine. But if it is for the sib, isn't that a little too young for popcorn? I'm always concerned about that things are possible choking hazards...Maybe a homemade trail mix would be better. You can even include chocolate chips that way. MMmmmm!

And honestly, just knowing that you cared enough to send anything is going to mean the most to the family.

Wife_and_mommy
03-16-2008, 09:35 PM
The only thing I would change is the magnetic game for the 3.75yo. There have been a lot of recalls on magnetic toys and preschoolers. :)

It's similar to colorforms but is magnetic. I don't think he'd eat them. I got them because they were something different than the things you listed. The kid has *everything* so probably has those. Aack. I had in mind to get him a cape but didn't follow through.

"I would opt for newborn diapers or the next size up instead of the preemie size."

It's only one pack of 30. The little one is 4# and mom said the preemie dipes were "big" on him so I think they'll be okay. They're good till 6#.

And, yes, the popcorn was for mom/dad and the dc if *they* want. Honestly, I'm doing the popcorn for $$ reasons and the fact that I have to ship the box.

Yeah, I always include for the big sib after having two. My dd was incredibly blessed after ds was born and I saw firsthand how much it meant to her even at her age.

ETA: Forgot to say thank you for your replies! The popcorn ended up not fitting in the box.