PDA

View Full Version : My own stupidity....

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
03-16-2008, 09:00 PM
is only surpassed by my own stupidity....

Let's just say this has not been my two weeks. I tried to "revive" three rooms of wood flooring with a refresher coat of polyurethane on my gorgeous wood floors. Well, a couple days after application the finish starts to peel everywhere I have applied it. Who knew that there is oil based poly and water based poly??? Not me and even though I guess I had a 50/50 shot, I guessed wrong and the two are not compatible. So, in order to keep my DH, who knows nothing about floors, from refinishing it, I hire the man who originally did our floors to come and sand and fix the whole shebang. Dennis is skiing and did not know I was having this done and would have been livid about me spending this money. I have had to keep the kids and dog off most of our main floor this whole time.

So today, to add insult to injury, I told the kids we were having a "breakfast picnic" upstairs in the rooms to keep them out of the kitchen. We have a balcony above our living room and sometimes I toss clothes or stuffed animals down the stairs to save me an extra trip. So I change the morning diapers, we have our picnic, put on our clothes, but because I know I need both hands to take both kids downstairs so that they won't walk in any wet areas-- I toss the jammies downstairs, and then I toss the diapers. TWO POOPIE DIAPERS. MASSIVE POOPIE DIAPERS. The minute they leave my hands I realize what I have done. I haven't seen anything like this since they used to throw things of the tops of building on the Letterman show.

Tomorrow I will be painting two huge walls.

(I did call DH and tell him about the floor and he was far nicer than anticipated).

Don't ask to see a picture, I could not get to my camera because I couldn't walk across the stinking wet floor.

Wife_and_mommy
03-16-2008, 09:08 PM
I'm so sorry! I hate when I do thoughtless things like that.....

elizabethkott
03-16-2008, 09:29 PM
I have no words.
I'm so sorry!

MamaMolly
03-16-2008, 09:49 PM
Dearheart, we have all had our days. Did I ever tell you about the time I drove from one side of the gas station to the other (looking for a working pump) and forgot to remove the non working pump from the tank? Yeah, we have all had our days... At least it is only 24 hours, and you are almost done. Hugs!

Melanie
03-16-2008, 09:58 PM
Oh dear.

I'm sorry.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
03-16-2008, 11:01 PM
Dearheart, we have all had our days. Did I ever tell you about the time I drove from one side of the gas station to the other (looking for a working pump) and forgot to remove the non working pump from the tank? Yeah, we have all had our days... At least it is only 24 hours, and you are almost done. Hugs!

I KNOW this is in my future, I think about it all the time! Especially since I drove through the garage door a couple years ago! ( It was only down about two feet but I have a tall car and it damaged the car and the garage door pretty badly).

Melanie
03-17-2008, 03:21 AM
I KNOW this is in my future, I think about it all the time! Especially since I drove through the garage door a couple years ago! ( It was only down about two feet but I have a tall car and it damaged the car and the garage door pretty badly).

Last year I backed out of my garage into my husband's car, which was parked, where it always is when he's home.

Is there any hope for us mothers?

kozachka
03-17-2008, 03:52 AM
Oh my! I am sorry you have to deal with all this. (((Hugs))).

AngelaS
03-17-2008, 06:56 AM
I'm sorry. As they say, "Poop happens". ;)

set81616
03-17-2008, 04:46 PM
Ugh. I hope you can wash the walls and not paint them.

My day was last week when Dh asked me to pick him up for lunch. Later in the day I could not find my keys and was so sure DH had taken both sets (which he has done in the past) that I was saying not nice things to him in my head (ok, it wasn't just in my head). I ended up searching the entire house and walking in the rain to DH's work to get his keys. I get to the car and think it's odd that both doors are unlocked (I had looked in the windows and did not see any keys.) GEt in the car, go to put the keys in the ignition and find... the car has been running for 3 hours. At least I now know it gets good gas mileage for sitting in park.
Hope things get better.
Shannon

jamesmom
03-18-2008, 08:30 AM
:hug: I am so sorry you are going through this. I hope you don't ever get such a bad day again.

Last year I backed out of my garage into my husband's car, which was parked, where it always is when he's home.

Is there any hope for us mothers?

I did just that last week, and we are now looking at a big fat bill to repair both cars. Definitely not one of my better days :(

hellokitty
03-18-2008, 08:53 AM
I'm so sorry, what a rotten few days for you it's been. Like everyone said, we all have our bad days. My most recent bad day was I drove home from the dentist's office with my parking brake on. Yeah, really smart, huh? I have never done something like that before, unfortunately my dentist's office parking lot is on a really steep hill, so I thought I needed the parking brake (my DH later told me I didn't, but my parents' have brainwashed me into thinking I need a parking break for hills). I was distracted and thinking about the $600 mouth guard that dentist told me I needed to get fitted for (btw, to add insult to injury I talked to some other dentists and basically I will be changing dentists, b/c my dentist is ripping me off, mouth guards are HALF of that price!!!!). I realized a few miles from home what I had done, and was crying by the time I got home. My DH was really upset, you could smell the burning smell on my minivan as soon as I parked it into the garage. We just took the minivan in for other maint before a trip we will be taking and thankfully they checked the brakes out and they are ok. I have been feeling rotten about it for a month and a half. I hope everything turns out with your floors and even though your DH might be a little upset with the cost, he'll forgive you. He'll have one of his days when he does something flakey and understand how you feel, lol.

Kungjo
03-18-2008, 06:14 PM
Awwww. It'll be okay. Dorry you have to deal with this though. Hugs!