PDA

View Full Version : Wanna take a look at DS' party invite?

schums
03-16-2008, 10:02 PM
DS is turning 6 in a couple of weeks, and we're having a big, whole class invited type of a party. We decided to go ahead with the bowling alley, since that was what he really wanted, and my mom offered to help out with the cost.

Anyways, here's the invite. Please feel free to comment/make suggestions. I'm not super good at this type of thing, but really wanted it to be a fun invite for him!

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s84/schums/Slide1.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s84/schums/Slide2nophone.jpg

TIA!

Wife_and_mommy
03-16-2008, 10:12 PM
I think that's precious!! Can you lighten the scene on the invite wording? It's slightly hard to read. If you can't, I'd leave it as is.

MamaKath
03-16-2008, 10:15 PM
They look great!!! I have a couple kids in my first grade class that would go nuts over them, that's for sure. ;-) Just a cautionary note- You might want to pull the second immage and block out the phone number on it.

schums
03-16-2008, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I'd forgotten the phone info was already on there!

SnuggleBuggles
03-16-2008, 11:22 PM
That is great! What program did you use to make those?

Beth

shishamo
03-16-2008, 11:30 PM
I really like it:-) My kids love Star Wars, too.
The wording is slightly difficult to read: I'm not sure which program you are using, but if you are using ps or something then you could add a gaussian blur in black, 30-50 opacity or so behind the yellow words, that should help. Either that, or darken the background photo a bit (adjust the brightness/contrast).

If you can't, that's okay, you can still read the words, so don't worry :-)

mudder17
03-17-2008, 01:06 AM
I really like it:-) My kids love Star Wars, too.
The wording is slightly difficult to read: I'm not sure which program you are using, but if you are using ps or something then you could add a gaussian blur in black, 30-50 opacity or so behind the yellow words, that should help. Either that, or darken the background photo a bit (adjust the brightness/contrast).

If you can't, that's okay, you can still read the words, so don't worry :-)
Yep, that's what I would suggest too. It's really cool otherwise! Great job Mama! :cheerleader1:

Tondi G
03-17-2008, 12:38 PM
Super cool! My almost 7 year old would LOVE those invites!

schums
03-17-2008, 02:19 PM
Thanks! I used Powerpoint and saved the file as a jpeg. In order to get it printed, I had to format/save it in Photoshop. There's probably a way to do it all in Photoshop, but I'm not very good with Photoshop yet. I'm starting to figure it out now, tho!

schums
03-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Thanks to all for the kind words. DS is over the moon with this invite! I've darkened up the background a little, and it did make a HUGE difference in readability.

JTsMom
03-17-2008, 02:53 PM
great job! LOVE the wording, esp the part about sending your droid"!:ROTFLMAO: