PDA

View Full Version : Vanity Fair underwear works as mat underwear!

american_mama
03-17-2008, 12:16 PM
Based on something on another board, I tried regular Vanity Fair underwear at Penney's for maternity underwear. I really like them! I am at the end of pregnancy and usually wearing a size XL in maternity pants. I got the high cut brief in the biggest size, which is full belly coverage to my belly button and slightly high cut but not too high cut for me. Penney's has a lot of styles and fabrics, including lower rise options, fabrics are mostly nylon, but also in microfiber and one in cotton (white only). Last week, they were on sale and ended up costing $5-6 each, much better than the $11 a pair I was going to spend on Bravado maternity underwear.

I'm sure other department stores sell Vanity Fair, maybe in even more styles or fabrics. Sears had just one style, a regular brief that was very matronly looking, but even roomier than the high cut brief.

I have some old Penney's maternity underwear (mine are Duo brand, but they might be the same as the Fancy Free brand currently listed on their website). The fabric is nice and soft, but they are too big and too high cut. Don't know if that's because they are old and maybe got stretched out, or if they are normally like that. I prefer the Vanity Fair.