PDA

View Full Version : we got into our first choice elementary school!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lizajane
03-17-2008, 06:53 PM
schuyler will be starting K in the fall and i am SO FREAKIN' EXCITED that we got into our first choice magnet school (magnet= public school that allows folks who live outside the "range" of automatically assigned students to apply lottery style. also has special features or "themes" that tend to offer more non-traditionally academic subjects, like drama, dance, arts, music, languages, science... )

he is going to a school for the arts and sciences with a teaching style that follows the guidelines, in short, that every child has his/her own best learning style that should be recognized and encouraged. as in, not everyone learns best from lectures and not everyone learns best from hands-on experience... so they do several kinds of teaching in each subject so every students can grasp the subject matter. AND the incorperate all the different classes into each unit of study- so they learn math in music class and they learn poems about geography, etc.

HOLY CATS!! WE GOT IN!

my highly active, very creative, extremely interested in all things science kid is going to THE PERFECT SCHOOL for him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheerleader1: :cheerleader1: :cheerleader1: :cheerleader1: :cheerleader1: :cheerleader1:

deborah_r
03-17-2008, 07:18 PM
That's awesome Liza! So glad that worked out for you!

Our city has a lottery system and we got our first choice too. However there was a magnet school I wanted for my first choice, but I was afraid it wouldn't work out for a number of rreasons, so really, our first choice was not our first choice, KWIM? But I was still so excited to open that letter and see that we got it!!!

ChefGirl
03-17-2008, 07:27 PM
schuyler will be starting K in the fall and i am SO FREAKIN' EXCITED that we got into our first choice magnet school (magnet= public school that allows folks who live outside the "range" of automatically assigned students to apply lottery style. also has special features or "themes" that tend to offer more non-traditionally academic subjects, like drama, dance, arts, music, languages, science... )

he is going to a school for the arts and sciences with a teaching style that follows the guidelines, in short, that every child has his/her own best learning style that should be recognized and encouraged. as in, not everyone learns best from lectures and not everyone learns best from hands-on experience... so they do several kinds of teaching in each subject so every students can grasp the subject matter. AND the incorperate all the different classes into each unit of study- so they learn math in music class and they learn poems about geography, etc.

HOLY CATS!! WE GOT IN!

my highly active, very creative, extremely interested in all things science kid is going to THE PERFECT SCHOOL for him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheerleader1: :cheerleader1: :cheerleader1: :cheerleader1: :cheerleader1: :cheerleader1:

Liza,

Congrats! My son is starting K this fall as well. We are still waiting on our notification yet. Our city has magnet schools as well. I totally understand that this is very exciting news. I wonder if our parents ever went through this with us? What city do you live in anyway?

Congrats again.

SnuggleBuggles
03-17-2008, 09:22 PM
That's great news!
Beth

C99
03-17-2008, 11:04 PM
Congratulations! You must be thrilled!

caheinz
03-17-2008, 11:41 PM
Congrats, Liza! Great news!

mudder17
03-18-2008, 12:53 AM
Congratulations! That's exciting news! Schuyler is going to LOVE school!:cheerleader1: :cheerleader1: :cheerleader1: :cheerleader1:

lizajane
03-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Liza,

Congrats! My son is starting K this fall as well. We are still waiting on our notification yet. Our city has magnet schools as well. I totally understand that this is very exciting news. I wonder if our parents ever went through this with us? What city do you live in anyway?

Congrats again.

raleigh, nc.

our magnets are AWESOME! our base school is a great school, but not ideal for a potentially ADD kid with an immense interest in science. plus, two good friends are going to the magnet with him. and no good friends are going to the base.

yay!! good luck to you!!!

dr mom
03-18-2008, 10:43 AM
Yay, that is awesome news!

The good magnet programs are so hard to get into - how cool that Schuyler won the lottery! :)

brittone2
03-18-2008, 01:51 PM
Congratulations! I'm sure you are excited and relieved. :)

billysmommy
03-18-2008, 03:49 PM
That's wonderful!!!!!

kijip
03-19-2008, 11:47 AM
That's great Liza! :cheerleader1:

Now pass some of that school assignment luck over my direction for Toby. After all, you want your future SIL to have a good kindergarten education. :ROTFLMAO: