PDA

View Full Version : Ideas needed for a beach themed gift

overcome
03-18-2008, 10:19 AM
I am in charge of putting together a "beachy" gift for my cousin's bridal shower gift. The six bridesmaids are all putting in $$ and we are going to get a gift card toward her honeymoon registry. We want to put it in a beach themed ensemble.

So I'm thinking a beach tote, towels, sunscreen...but what else. She would only like designer sunglasses, so that's out.

TIA for your help!

Jen841
03-18-2008, 12:35 PM
... with their joint monogram? The tote could be monogramed too. I loved using our monogram when we were first married... or you could do Mr/Mrs stuff. Could you make a Just Married sign on a pick to put in the sand? Reusable water bottles? B&N gift card for reading material? Gift card for recommended restaurant? My brother's common gift is surfing or sailing lessons.

SnuggleBuggles
03-18-2008, 12:55 PM
Get one of those beach blankets that zips up into itself. They are great to keep in the car for impromptu picnics. If it has a pocket you can throw in GC for something like Panera for them to pick up food on the way to the beach.

I really like the pp's ideas.

Beth

infocrazy
03-18-2008, 01:39 PM
For my bridal shower, one of my bridesmaids gave me a "honeymoon basket". It was a beach tote, with 2 towells, sunscreen, 2 different tour books for Hawaii (where we were going), and little airline bottles of different alcohol tied together with ribbon. She told me to pull the ribbon and they kept stringing out of the bag--very funny!

There were a few more things in there I think but I can't recall right now. Maybe a little themed photo album/frame...?

It was one of my favorite gifts and I have given "honeymoon" baskets to a few different brides since. If they are going to Hawaii, I really recommend the "Maui Revealed" book--there are different ones for each island.

Pennylane
03-18-2008, 01:46 PM
Here is a website that has some cute ideas:

http://www.shopforweddings.com/shopforweddings/AFLSearchMain.aspx?pgNo=3&scId=&cTyp=pNo&srt=MostPopular&srVal=beach&flg=

I would do a tote, personalized towel, maybe some personalized water or drink koozies, disposable camera. I love the idea of the gift cards too.

Ann

missym
03-18-2008, 01:58 PM
If they're wine drinkers, a set of Steady Sticks (http://www.amazon.com/Wine-Glass-Steady-Sticks-Set/dp/B0001RT4B8) would be a great addition to a gift basket.

ETA: I just noticed that these qualify for a promotion, as does the Wine Bottle Holder (http://www.amazon.com/Steady-Sticks-Wine-Bottle-Holder/dp/B0001RT4PE/ref=pd_bxgy_k_text_b/105-8657795-6182803):
This item is eligible for our 4-for-3 promotion. Eligible products include select Books, DVDs, Single Copy Magazines, and Home & Garden items. Buy any 4 eligible items and get the lowest-priced item free.

So if you could find a couple of other qualifying items from Amazon, you could get a good bargain.

bubbaray
03-19-2008, 12:35 AM
Saltwater Canvas Whale bag! They ROCK!!! 2 beach towels (monogrammed). Sunscreen, flipflops if you know their sizes.