PDA

View Full Version : Feb-May ~ what is your favorite time to go?

billysmommy
03-18-2008, 08:15 PM
We're heading down somewhere in this time frame next year. I know some of you live close and go alot and was wondering when in this time frame is your favorite. Their birthdays are both in May but we can go as early as February. I was thinking maybe sometime after Feb vacation but before spring break or towards the end of April (Easter is April 12th next year I think)

egoldber
03-18-2008, 08:29 PM
I think early February would have the lightest crowds and very pleasant weather. This would be my first choice.

The end of February/very beginning of March would also be light crowds and warm but not hot weather.

Late April/early May would be much warmer, still nice. Timing it after the major spring breaks and before Memorial Day and the mid May school dismissals.

Neatfreak
03-18-2008, 10:34 PM
We went in March last year, not really thinking about March Break as we don't have any school-age kids. It was very busy and we didn't have much choice for accomodation on-resort at that time of year, but we still had a good time.

Oh yeah - it was really hot, even in March! Of course, I still had snow on the ground back in Canada ...

Corie
05-20-2008, 03:37 PM
Lori,

Friends went to WDW in April this year and said it was miserable.
Apparently, they had record-breaking crowds.

I would avoid March and April due to Spring Break.

caheinz
05-20-2008, 04:26 PM
Lori,

Friends went to WDW in April this year and said it was miserable.
Apparently, they had record-breaking crowds.

I would avoid March and April due to Spring Break.

Keep in mind that college spring breaks are staggered throughout March and will probably run up to Easter next year. (Any one school tends to stick to the same week, but different schools will be on different weeks.)

One way to check is to look at the pricing that WDW offers. The best prices are at the lowest crowd times :)

billysmommy
05-20-2008, 08:43 PM
We're actually thinking about the last week in January now ~ I was reading up some on the dis boards and that seems to be a little less crowded ~ well at least it's considered "value season" from the 2nd week in Jan to I think the 1st week in Feb. I know it can be colder then ~ when I was in 6th grade we went and one day was hot and the next we had to buy sweatshirts.

egoldber
05-20-2008, 09:01 PM
We went January last year and January is now my FAVORITE time to go. It was wonderful. No crowds and no lines. IMO crowd level has FAR more to do with having a good time at WDW than the weather.