PDA

View Full Version : Frog Pod won't stay on tile wall...

jacdo
03-19-2008, 12:45 PM
I just bought this cute frog pod to hold bath toys. I followed the instrustions and cleaned the wall and the frog falls after several minutes. I used the suction cups. I don't want to drill into the tile. Did anyone else have any difficulty? Any suggestions?

catpagmo
03-19-2008, 12:59 PM
We have one, too. I remember having to let the adhesive "dry" for 24 hours before placing the frog on the wall. Did you try that? If that doesn't work, maybe you could take it back and try a new one.

Bean606
03-19-2008, 01:33 PM
We have the frog pod, too. I haven't had a problem with the suction cups in our new house, but in our old house, we had the pod up with the adhesive tape instead of the suction cups. When we moved, rather than destroy the tile by trying to take the old holder off, I emailed the company, and they sent me one of each type of holder. Neither required drilling. If you email boon, they can probably give you some assistance or send you a new one.

jbintz
03-19-2008, 02:34 PM
We had the frog pod and had a problem wtih it. We contacted the company and they were great. They sent more adhesives and the suction cups when they were being tested. I would contact them and see what they say. It's a boon frog pod right?
Jana

MontrealMum
03-19-2008, 02:54 PM
Our entire bathroom is tiled, floor to ceiling, and we didn't want to drill, or put adhesive up if we didn't have to. We've got our up with the suction cups only and it's only fallen down once. We cleaned the walls with alcohol I think, and let it dry before pressing the cups to the walls. Our house is very damp though (we live on water) so maybe that helped.

ETA: maybe it depends on the type of tiles that you have, ours are the glossy, old-fashioned kind.

Neatfreak
03-19-2008, 11:31 PM
3M has a Command Hook product that works like really strong velcro tabs. I think they're meant to hold up framed pictures, but I think they might be up to the job up holding up the frog.

smilla653
03-20-2008, 02:58 AM
We out our up with adhesive, twice, but both times it eventually fell, and yes we followed the directions -- went beyond, even and let the adhesive hang out with no froggie for more than 24 hours. Didn't overload it. It just didn't work for us. A bag with suction cups that I bought at The Container Store isn't as groovy looking but works just fine.

jillmk
03-20-2008, 08:33 AM
We eventually superglued our Frog Pod to the tiles! It still falls off every couple of months, and we just superglue it back on. Tiles look fine underneath....

bubbaray
03-20-2008, 12:13 PM
I'm not familiar with the FrogPod, but have you tried Snap Hooks? I got mine at a dollar store and they work really well in our bathroom to hang 2 rather heavy baskets of bath toys on our tiled walls.

ETA: http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/snaphook.html

DrSally
03-21-2008, 10:05 AM
Same thing just happened to me. I have the older version bought a while ago, but just put up. I was planning on emailing Boon and requesting more tape and also the suction cups to try

rlu
03-21-2008, 06:51 PM
smooth tile?

we can't use most suction cup type things in our bathroom as the tile is bumpy. We actually drilled a small hole above the tile and put a little hook in and hang a net bag from it with bath toys so they can drip dry after bath.