PDA

View Full Version : Need Help In Choosing New At&t Cell Phone

Twins2000
03-19-2008, 01:30 PM
Does anyone here have or know anything good/bad about the following list of cell phones? I could really use some personal recommendations. I tried looking these up on Amazon and a few other sites, but I'd give more weight to the advice from all of you other ladies/moms on this board.

Here's the list:

Motorola RAZR V3xx
Motorola RAZR V3i
Mororola KRZR K1
Sony Ericsson W580i Walkman
Samsung SYNC a707

Or, if you can recommend an AT&T phone not on this list that would be great too! TIA!

Leslie

BeachBum
03-19-2008, 01:54 PM
If I were to have AT&T I would absolutely get the iphone! I know some teenage girls that have it and it is so awesome!

KHF
03-19-2008, 01:55 PM
I just got an AT&T Motorola RAZR V3xx (refurbished) about 2 months ago or so and I haven't had any issues with it at all. I'm pretty picky about phones, and I've been really happy with this one. The only thing that's taken some getting used to is the user interface. They switched sides on the Select/Cancel buttons (why on earth would you do that?), so I'm having to retrain my fingers some.

I don't use text messaging, so I can't help with that feature. I just use it as a phone. The reception has been good, and I like the feel of it. My previous phone was a Motorola V557 and this one has been a big upgrade from that one.

HTH a little,
Kirsten

lkarp
03-19-2008, 02:01 PM
I'd also go with the iPhone

jenmcadams
03-19-2008, 02:01 PM
If you can swing it, I would get an iPhone. My DH has had one since the launch and loves it and my sister just got one and loves it too. It is the coolest piece of technology ever :)

jhrabosk
03-19-2008, 02:04 PM
I know it's probably SO not helpful, but I vote for iPhone, too. I LOVE mine. DH had to lobby hard for them, but he convinced me and while I miss the $$, I don't regret it!

Davids-Coco
03-19-2008, 02:48 PM
We have iphones. They are great. Here's the thing though... The unlimited tech package (required) is $20 over your plan. Its less than the blackberry/other pda tech packages as it is set by apple. That is something to consider. That includes 200 sms messages. If you want unlimited text messaging, its another $30/$40 (can't remember exactly) on top of that.

I have to question motorola... We had razrs previously. They canned out on us after 3 years and had horrible reception in the house. We have no reception issues with our iphones.

The phones you mention all seem to be music phones... so why not just get the king of music phones? ;)

BillK
03-19-2008, 03:03 PM
+1 for iPhone

Twins2000
03-19-2008, 03:03 PM
I'd love to get the iphone, but I can't justify spending a few hundred bucks on one! Our cell contract is almost up and my DH and I can upgrade our current phones (Motorola V557) very cheaply (like for under $50 for both phones). Plus, we wouldn't want to have to pay all the add'l $$ that you mentioned above for those required packages. We basically use our cells for talking, and occasionally taking a pic. I'm considering adding a package for text messaging, and am starting to look into the music bit. What kind of package (if any) is required for that?

Davids-Coco
03-19-2008, 03:53 PM
None for music. That is specific to the phone... unless you download songs directly onto your phone. The text messaging plans vary. However, if you are going to text... I would go in and look at all of them. I hated texting on my motorola as it took forever.

Other than that, after our issues with both of motorola razrs dying quickly, I wouldn't go motorola again. And, frankly, I know nothing about the other phones specifically. Have you looked at cnet's reviews?

luvmypeanut
03-19-2008, 04:08 PM
I've had the RAZR V3i and the KRZR. I prefered the KRZR because it's not as wide as the RAZR and felt better in my hand. You have to be careful not to drop the KRZR as the front will crack if it takes a serious drop. Also, make sure you like the Motorola interface as it's not as intuitive as some of the other brands.

I now have a Blackberry and am happy with it but I'm waiting for the 3G iPhone.

Rayray24
03-19-2008, 04:12 PM
I have an Iphone and it is the best phone by far, I have had many cell phones and while the Iphone does have it's problems I dont think there is one without them. You can do pretty much anything with the Iphone, I don't know if plans vary state to state but its a little more expensive then the regular phones. I have a friend who has a razor and has had to have it replaced 3 times now, so I would not recommend that one! Happy hunting :)

~~Jennie~~:wavey: