PDA

View Full Version : what bottles to use?

almostsane
03-20-2008, 11:18 AM
I went to Target last night to pick up a baby shower gift and it hit me that I probably won't be able to use the bottles I used with DS1. He was born before the bisphenol-A (sp?) episode. I have the playtex ventaire set. Are these usable? If not, which ones are safe? I really don't want to go with glass bottles if there is a plastic brand that I can use. What about the drop-ins? I am not too sure about those, but if that is the only safe plastic ones, I can go that route. TIA for the help.

candybomiller
03-20-2008, 01:50 PM
drop ins all the way!

Tondi G
03-20-2008, 02:50 PM
we loved the playtex nurser with the drop ins!!! Silicone nipples!

The ventaire are a no no!

SummerBaby
03-20-2008, 04:25 PM
I tried the glass bottles at first, but I didn't like them. I've been using the drop-ins for a month now and I LOVE them. I hated them with DD#1- I thought they leaked. They must have perfected them now because I've had no problems. It's so nice not to have to wash all the parts that came with Dr. Brown's.

Val
DD#1 7/04
DD#2 7/07

MontrealMum
03-20-2008, 04:54 PM
If you don't want to do the drop-ins, Medela and Gerber Gentleflow are non-BPA plastic.

kat_eye21
03-20-2008, 06:25 PM
I also used the VentAire system and had to get rid of them for the new baby. I plan on using the Playtex drop-in system. If you don't want to go the disposable route or glass bottles: other BPA-free bottles include Gerber Fashion Tints and Gentle Flow, Born Free, Green to Grow, Think Baby, Adiri, Sassy Mam Ultivent, Nuby, and Dr. Brown's is apparantly coming out with a polyproplyene bottle.

CHeck out www.thesoftlanding.com for bottles