PDA

View Full Version : March Madness anyone?

Ceepa
03-20-2008, 05:08 PM
Anyone else care? Got brackets going? Hoping for some upsets?

I love it.

-Ceepa

brittone2
03-20-2008, 05:11 PM
I live in NC, and as a transplant to this area, I have to say that I love the passion for basketball around here. I always liked college basketball, and it has been fun living in such a basketball crazy area :)

DH is at UNC so I have to cheer for the Tarheels of course :) Duke is right down the road, so I live smack dab in the middle of one giant rivalry LOL.

DH and I really like watching the women play as well.

Are you cheering for any particular team?

Ceepa
03-20-2008, 05:28 PM
I have UNC winning it all. I have a soft spot, though, for Cinderella stories so I always enjoy a good upset.

elektra
03-20-2008, 05:48 PM
Go Bruins!

MontrealMum
03-20-2008, 06:16 PM
Spartan fan here :cheerleader1:

Jacksonvol
03-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Go Vols! (And just a little proud that the state of Tennessee has 5 teams at the big dance this year.)

kdeunc
03-20-2008, 06:33 PM
Go Heels!! :)

tmarie
03-20-2008, 09:23 PM
Go 'Nova Wildcats and ND Irish! My heart is with Villanova b/c that's where I attended undergrad (and SLEPT OUT for season tickets...god I feel old). But I attended Notre Dame for grad school, so they are my #2 team. :)

tmarie
dd#1 5/05
dc#2 7/08

MartiesMom2B
03-20-2008, 09:40 PM
I live in NC, and as a transplant to this area, I have to say that I love the passion for basketball around here. I always liked college basketball, and it has been fun living in such a basketball crazy area :)

DH is at UNC so I have to cheer for the Tarheels of course :) Duke is right down the road, so I live smack dab in the middle of one giant rivalry LOL.

DH and I really like watching the women play as well.

Are you cheering for any particular team?

Oh Beth, I don't think that I can respect you anymore. ;) Just joking.

I'm rooting for WVU, but I don't have high hopes for them. I'm just glad that in this house basketball is over and I don't have to deal with college sports until August.

jeminaal
03-23-2008, 10:08 AM
Couldn't believe they won against UConn. I'm normally not a basketball fan, but I'll be rooting for them. DH and I got married on their campus. :)

brittone2
03-23-2008, 11:29 AM
Oh Beth, I don't think that I can respect you anymore. ;) Just joking.

I'm rooting for WVU, but I don't have high hopes for them. I'm just glad that in this house basketball is over and I don't have to deal with college sports until August.

LOL. DH spent 2 years at WVU before transferring to a different college to finish his bachelor's degree, so maybe that will earn me a little credit and restore a tiny bit of respect, LOL ;) He had a little *too* much fun in his WVU days ;)

Ceepa
03-23-2008, 03:38 PM
I'm doing really well in DH's office pool. :) :) :)

Jacksonvol
03-23-2008, 05:46 PM
Whew! It's been a great day basketball-wise so far. So excited about Davidson knocking off Georgetown and WKU's win. Miss. State is giving Memphis trouble and some great defense play on both sides. I love March Madness.

hez
03-23-2008, 07:22 PM
I *was* doing well in DH's pool. I think the 2nd round has pretty much cleaned me out, though. And those darn Big 10 schools in Indiana screwed me up royally! That's what I get for being loyal to the Big 10 :)

fattytuna
03-23-2008, 07:28 PM
Go Bruins!

Yeah!

DH runs a yearly pool for the past 8 years, and I help put up the daily results/standings on the web. For the past two years I put my kids in Bruinware and snap their picture and blatantly put it on the homepage of the pool website.