PDA

View Full Version : why can't I just go back to sleep? sigh

Melarina
03-21-2008, 04:06 AM
So about 30% of the time DD wakes up at 3 am to nurse. The rest of the time she sleeps till 5 or 6, which rocks. It's not a big deal, but whenever I nurse her I am starving afterwards. So, then I end up scarfing down a snack, and then I'm wide awake. Tired, but awake. At 3:30 am. When DH and DD are back asleep. Not really looking for advice here because I know this is just the way it is, just giving a little shout out to any other mamas awake out there :) Going to go look at how cute DD is sleeping now.

ellies mom
03-21-2008, 11:15 AM
I know you aren't really asking for advice but...

Have you tried keeping a snack by wherever you are nursing, so you can eat it while nursing. That way you aren't waking yourself further by scrounging around the kitchen. A few crumbs on the baby's head won't hurt anyone.

Melarina
03-21-2008, 08:23 PM
What a good idea - thanks! I will give it a try.

kijip
03-21-2008, 08:29 PM
I suffer from insomia, so I understand the frustration of not being able to sleep when you want/need to! I like the idea of having a sanck ready. Also, I found that no caffiene at all, ever, period, cut down on my headaches and my insomnia some. Good luck!

Jacksonvol
03-22-2008, 11:18 AM
When I was nursing I kept a banana on a tray table next to my chair. I had a water bottle in the fridge as well. I also put other "nursing supplies" on the table so they were handy (cloth diaper for spills, lanolin for chapping/sore spots, t.v. remote, small magazines, etc.) I hated being wide awake at 3:00 a.m.. I did find the local cable access channel was boring enough to put me to sleep. Either "muzack" type music with pics of the town or the county commissioners meeting. Yawn!

Melarina
03-22-2008, 09:32 PM
Thanks for these great ideas. (Love the cable access idea - LOL). I had crazy insomnia during pregnancy too, so I think I'm starting to get used to theses wacky sleep patterns, but any advice on what I can do to get some shut-eye is much appreciated.