PDA

View Full Version : talk to me about the pat pat rocket please!

nicknack
03-21-2008, 05:17 PM
Who has it? Do your kids like it? Worth the money?

I just picked it up last night at Target, was on sale for $27.99 and then I had a $5 coupon. I was thinking of giving it to my DD for her 2nd bday next week since she's starting to get into them.

Thoughts? Does it work like it says it does?

Thanks!
nicole

Pennylane
03-22-2008, 01:59 PM
It's cute, but not worth what I paid for it. I bought one after Christmas for my ds. He plays with it occasionally but only with the sound turned off. It is very loud!

Ann

CiderLogan
03-24-2008, 02:21 PM
This was the gift my 4yo HAD to have for herself and her baby sister for Christmas, so we hunted for it and felt lucky to buy it at full price over what people were selling them for on ebay!

It's loud (no volume control), the top comes off pretty easily, and the Einsteins have to sit in there just right for them to be registered by the rocket as in their seats. But the girls like it, and 2-3 year olds who come over always flock toward it. For the price you paid, I think it's worth it, for a kid who really likes the LEs.

Hippoharbor
03-24-2008, 03:27 PM
I had bought this for my son in January. He thought it was very neat to play with Pat Pat Rocket, but it was extremely loud with no volume control. I returned it to Target the following day.
Also, the characters did not sit/stay in the seats well at all
Michelle

nicknack
03-24-2008, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the responses! After reading these and the reviews on Amazon, I'm thinking I'll return it.

She's not THAT into them and we really don't need another big toy taking up our already crammed-full-of-toys space! I decided to get her the figures for now and if she really does end up loving them/the show, then I'll rebuy it for Christmas.

Thanks again!