PDA

View Full Version : Crib suggestions please, I'm desperate!

Snowflake's Mommy
03-21-2008, 05:52 PM
I have done hours upon hours of research into cribs over the past couple of weeks and have no idea what to register for/buy. The cribs in our price range all seem to have pretty bad ratings on the Babies 'R Us and Target sites and unfortunately those are the only two places we are looking right now. Simplicity brand and Da Vinci are the only two that we like for the price, but most people complain about scratching, missing pieces, etc.

What we want:
Crib that has a drop down side and changing table/dresser combo in a light finish. Preferrably a matching set, but not necessary.

Any suggestions you have would be great!

shaee
03-25-2008, 06:00 PM
Hi

After looking for weeks through toy r us and target i didnt find a single nice crib. Then i looked at JCpenney and they had some really nice collection.

Finally I decided on buying the Sweet Pea Tahoe Crib,

http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?DeptID=42249&CatID=42332&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=137c9db&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CmCatId=EXTERNAL|42330|42331|42332

I had it delivered to store so i saved on shipping but they do shipping as well at a cost.

I assembled the crib in no time and was very happy with the quality. It is a single drop side and has wheels. It has spring base instead of cardboard. The baby hasnt arrived yet but i am very happy so far.

I bought a mattress from target to go with it. It is a Sealy Natural Rest Mattress and fits perfectly.

So look around at JCpenney cribs. There are few other very good ones too.

jjordan
03-25-2008, 07:57 PM
If you go with a light (natural) finish, then most likely any two that you get will match without them necessarily being a matching set.

The only crib brand I have personal experience with is our own - AltaBaby - and the quality is great. But they are probably more expensive than you want.

Do you have a reason to think that someone will be getting these for you if you register for them? Or do you expect to get them for yourself? If so then broaden your horizons and look at other stores. We ended up getting our crib from a specialty baby store. It is a really expensive crib BUT we managed to get a floor model that they were selling for a huge discount.

I agree with the pp that you should check out department stores as well.

Good luck!

Jill

maenad25
03-26-2008, 12:46 PM
I just purchased the Million Dollar Baby Annabelle 2in1 with a drop side for abuot $250 and really like it. It was easy to put together and seems pretty sturdy.

ThreeofUs
03-26-2008, 12:55 PM
We went with Sorrelle and were pleased.