PDA

View Full Version : I knew it, I just knew it. 48 degrees for easter!

elaineandmichaelsmommy
03-22-2008, 03:26 AM
Can I just say that i'm so glad that I didn't buy the cute little easter clothes that were so pretty in the store. But no the little voice in the back of my head (yes I'm hearing voices now haha) said oh no sister. It's going to be march are you nutty? But then I saw the cute little outfits coming out at the resale stores and again I thought hmmm maybe.

Then I saw the forcast for sunday. 48 for a high and RAIN!! We're already having flooding out the whazzoo. Seriously-the red cross is set up 20 minutes from my home. And a nearby town is praying that their new 50 million dollar levee will hold or the whole town's going to be underwater. But i digress.

Just wanted to say I'm so glad that I didn't buy the easter clothes and sprang for several long sleeved lands end dresses on clearance at sears last month during their clearance. Dd has a petal pink one to wear with a turtleneck,tights, and a sweater-for easter. Good grief.

ThreeofUs
03-22-2008, 08:40 AM
Oh, can I jump into this one??

It snowed ALL night, so 8" of snow, 30F today. Supposed to have more snow tonight and tomorrow, with falling temperatures.

I hate this stupid winter and DS is upset that it's another inside easter egg hunt, for the 2nd year in a row. I had planned on a couple of special events, but have no idea if they'll even be offered.

aarrrrrggghhhhh!

happy2bamom
03-22-2008, 09:20 AM
I'm in the same boat as you Ivy. We have an Easter Egg hunt today that our church is sponsoring, but I don't know if they will move it to the indoors or not. So now I have to pack snow pants, boots, and mittens in case the hunt is outside. On the flip side, an egg hunt in a gym doesn't seem like it would be very fun or challenging.

alexsmommy
03-22-2008, 09:38 AM
Umm, here in Chicagoland outdoor Easter Egg hunts are rare - it can be too cold even with a late April Easter. It's snowing as I type. The boys are still wearing their matching short sleeve shirts for brunch as its at my house so they won't have to go outside. Every year I'm jealous of my friend who is in Atlanta and her spring clothes and outdoor Easter Egg hunts. Sigh. I can take the cold but 10 inches of snow? Seriously? C'mon now....

lizajane
03-22-2008, 10:19 AM
i seriously lucked out on what i planned. schuyler is wearing long seersucker pants with a sweater vest. he can wear a long sleeved polo, a short sleeved polo or a long sleeved button down. dylan is wear a shortall, but can wear a turtleneck and socks and a cardigan. i bought a stunning spagetti strap dress BUT seriously splurged to get the matching jacket. whoo hoo!!!

bubbaray
03-22-2008, 11:10 AM
Ugh, that sucks

I got cute Easter dresses for both girls. They can wear them to church tomorrow, but were also supposed to wear them to the egg hunt/Easter event today at our YMCA. Except its not today, it was LAST Saturday and I forgot....

Easter is sucking at our house too, just for different reasons. :(

hellokitty
03-22-2008, 11:11 AM
Lol, well if it makes you feel any better it is snowing right now. They re-scheduled the community egg hunt from last wknd, b/c it was a muddy mess from the two feet of snow we got. I think the weather today is worse than last wknd, so we decided we're not going. My kids are going to think that easter egg hunts inside the house are, "normal."

MMEand1
03-22-2008, 11:42 AM
I grew up in Louisiana and we NEVER had Easter egg hunts indoors! Here in North Dakota I guess it's common! It is snowing like crazy and there is no way the DC can go outside to hunt for eggs. Well, at least if someone hid them, it's cold enough outside so that they would not start to smell for a good while :)

kransden
03-22-2008, 10:42 PM
We went to an egg hunt today and the high today was 87. That part was fantastic. The people that did the hunt don't have kids. So... they put unwrapped candy AND dark chocolate MMs in the eggs. What a horrible mess!!!! The inside of the eggs were smeared with chocolate and it coated the other candy too. Then the little kids had the chocolate all over them, their faces, clothes, hands etc. I was lucky, but the under 3 moms were not very thrilled. It was also at a public park so when the little ones opened the eggs and the candy fell on the ground they ate it. Where the dogs, pigeons etc. roam free. :nodno: Yeech!

KrisM
03-22-2008, 11:20 PM
I'm still not sure if you're complaining at 48 deg or if you're happy :).

I was hoping to get up to 48 deg so we could wear the nice Easter dress, etc and not worry. It's supposed to be 36 and rain/snow tomorrow. At 48 deg, we'd be out playing, if it wasn't raining.

They're still wearing the Easter clothes I picked, since everything is inside though. We've never done egg hunts outside, either.