PDA

View Full Version : These Things Always Happen On The Weekends

Wife_and_mommy
03-22-2008, 03:09 PM
Not to mention it's Easter weekend....

DS was sitting on a ball this morning and rolled off. The way he landed on the floor pulled a muscle in his knee. He(a 2yo!) laid on the couch for 3 hours without moving. I held him for a bit, tried to get him to stand on it to with great complaint from him--it hurts!

I gave him some Tylenol and sent dh for some Motrin. He's napping now in the same position I put him down in.

I feel so bad for him. He doesn't understand what's going on. These types of things happen to grown people usually. Not sure what else I can do for him. I feel really bad that he hurts so much....

SnuggleBuggles
03-22-2008, 10:27 PM
Is he doing better? I hope a little rest goes a long way. :)

Beth

Wife_and_mommy
03-22-2008, 11:10 PM
Thanks for asking. Sadly, no. One always wishes kids would sit still. The reality of it isn't nearly as nice. :cry:

At this point, he won't put any weight on his leg and can't move it. We can rub it and manipulate it though so it's odd. He's either laid on the couch or in my lap all day.

I have in mind to take him in Mon. a.m. just cause I don't know what they could do for him in urgent or e.r. care. I also prefer to take him to his own doc because the injury is so strange. I'm afraid of what one who doesn't know us might think--a sad but realistic concern these days.

I'm glad we went to church on Fri. night. It wouldn't have happened this weekend otherwise.