PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody please tell me...

tylersmama
03-23-2008, 12:00 AM
where the heck I put DS's easter basket????

WHY do I do this? I thought I knew where it was so I didn't go to get it out until half an hour ago. Of course, it's not there, and I VAGUELY remember being annoyed with it and "putting it away" somewhere. Do I remember where? Of course not!

I do this all. the. time. You'd think I would start making a mental note or leaving a post-it with the new location or something. And of course it's too late to run out and get a new one now...

Think think think....if you were an easter basket, where would you be?

bubbaray
03-23-2008, 12:35 AM
Front hall closet?

Laundry room (because, we ALL know, only mommies know where the laundry room is --- grrrr!)

Where you keep the toilet paper (because, again, we all know that only mommies ever replace an empty roll....)

Good luck!

elaineandmichaelsmommy
03-23-2008, 01:32 AM
with the other seasonal decorations? (in the basement for us)
in your closet
in the attic

tylersmama
03-23-2008, 01:38 AM
So, I found it. Exactly where I thought it was, just hidden. I knew it was in the laundry closet. I knew that I had been annoyed by it sitting on top of the washing machine for months. I knew that I moved it. For some stupid reason, I decided to just put it IN the laundry basket that also sits on top of the washer (for dirty rags, dishtowels, etc.). And it was covered by said rags and towels. :shake: STOOPID.

And it's not nearly as big as I remember it being, either...oh well, I found it, and it's been filled with raisin and bunny graham filled eggs, some crayons, and a finger puppet. Time for bed!

Thanks for the suggestions, ladies!

julieakc
03-24-2008, 01:15 AM
:ROTFLMAO: I know I shouldn't laugh at your pain but it's nice to know I'm not the only one doing that type of thing.

Glad you found it.

SnuggleBuggles
03-24-2008, 10:36 AM
I had lots of Easter forgettfulness as well. I wanted to do our easter countdown that we had down last year (I hung up plastic eggs from the mantle and he could open one each day, like Advent) but didn't want to do the work of setting it up. Well, I had done it already! Last year I made it on a ribbon so all I would have had to do is fill the eggs and hang it up. Didn't think to look for it till last Wed.. Ah well.

Then, ds and I got all sorts of stuff for Easter and ds had totally forgotten about the Easter bunny. he was only looking forward to Easter b/c you get to spend time with your big family (sweetie :)). We could have saved some $ and time if I knew he wasn't expecting anything. he, of course, liked his basket though. His "Nate the Great" book didn't make it in and I have no idea where it is.

Back to the OP (sorry for the hijack!), I do stuff like that all the time. I always put things like that "in a safe place" which usually translates to, "Why the heck did I think that was a safe place?"

Beth

Emmas Mom
03-26-2008, 12:52 AM
Glad I'm not the only one too. I lost all the easter eggs so we had no egg hunt this year. I still haven't figured out where I put them. It sucked too cause DD#1 kept asking all day when we were doing an egg hunt. All I kept saying was "sorry honey, the Easter Bunny didn't bring any eggs this year....but didn't he bring you great stuff in your basket"?! Ugh! I still feel bad!