PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts on Bright Horizons Childcare centers?

sakhnovs
03-23-2008, 04:16 PM
My work sponsors Bright Horizons Centers and I am thinking of using them for childcare for my 3 month old. Does anyone have any thoughts on these centers? Like them? Hate them? Any other advice?

pomegranate
04-02-2008, 11:45 AM
Hi! I don't have personal experience with them (DS is still at home), but I know two people who use Bright Horizons, both in the SF Bay Area. One of the centers is in the financial district in San Francisco and my friend really likes the center (she had also tried another one before this). The other friend puts her kid in the Bright Horizons at Cisco Systems and she really really likes it too. I think the BH centers focus on learning and educational development, not just babysitting. DS is going to childcare in two months. I'd have no hesitation putting him in a Bright Horizons center if there was one near me. (He's going to another center that is at the level of a BH.) Oh, the only downside I can think of is that they are darn expensive!

citymama
04-02-2008, 12:10 PM
I've heard good things about them. I find the corporate chains to be expensive but professionally run, reliable and with great facilities. There are many things in life where I prefer the small-scale and community-based, but there is a lot of peace of mind in knowing the level of supervision and training involved in these centers.

christiedavid3
05-21-2008, 10:22 PM
My company has an on-site backup childcare center that is run by Bright Horizons. I am extremely impressed with the center. It is a beautiful center, staff is all degreed, curriculum is completely child-centered and appropriate. I LOVE it!!!:bighand:

vludmilla
05-21-2008, 10:33 PM
Expensive but as the PP's mentioned, it is good quality child care. I have friends who use them in the NY metro area and they are thrilled.