PDA

View Full Version : White poop?

spencersmommy
03-23-2008, 10:54 PM
My 4.5 year old DS has been going #2 a lot lately, and today he had white poop! Has anyone hadany experience with this? I plan on calling ped tomorrow first thing. He hasn't been sick, just a little cough, but no fever, nothing. I am just worried.

SnuggleBuggles
03-23-2008, 11:05 PM
I only know a little from bf'ing books and random reading. I think that it merits an after hours call to the ped to be on the safe side, ok?

KUP!
Beth

mom2binsd
03-23-2008, 11:40 PM
My 4.5 DD sometimes has funny colored poop too....(maybe TMI but yesterday she had to show me her multicolored poop- exactly 1/2 regular and 1/2 bright blue- it was strange it was like a line was right down the middle, so weird...occasionally after a lot of raspberries or other foods with a lot of color it changes...never seen white though but maybe call the ped...can you trace it back to any food consumed in the last 12-24 hours?

vludmilla
03-23-2008, 11:42 PM
I don't want to worry you too much, but if I recall correctly, truly white poop could be a problem with liver functioning. I'd call as soon as possible.
Good luck

Oregonmother
03-23-2008, 11:48 PM
Usually the absence of bile causes white stool. The gallbladder secretes bile and is located just under the liver. I would call the ped as well. Hope you get some answers soon.

EXPECTINGMAY
03-24-2008, 12:14 AM
Usually the absence of bile causes white stool. The gallbladder secretes bile and is located just under the liver. I would call the ped as well. Hope you get some answers soon.

I would call your MD. Stool gets it's color from bilirubin which is produced by the gallbladder/hepatic system (liver). It may be nothing but I would still call. Good luck.

Melanie
03-24-2008, 12:36 AM
I would call, now. I don't know what the cause for concern would be, but I remember when Ds was tiny and we were nervous new parents we called the ped about some poop question and they told us "anything except white or black is normal."

I hope it's nothing, but I really would call now.

Keep us posted.

spencersmommy
03-24-2008, 12:21 PM
I called the ped's office this morning, and we have an appt. for tomorrow at 8. I did a little "research" online (scary!) and it said it could be a liver problem. thanks for your replies, I appreciate hearing from you guys! I will keep you posted!