PDA

View Full Version : How long does a leapster last?

wendmatt
03-24-2008, 07:25 PM
I've been looking to buy DD a leapster and a lady is selling one on craiglist for $75 with 5 games, case and charger. She says it's in almost perfect condition but it's 2-3 yrs old. I thought it seemed like a good deal but do leapsters only have a certain life expectancy? Should I just get DD a new pink one for $60??

Thanks for any insight

schums
03-25-2008, 11:12 AM
Ours is 2+ years old and is going strong. We havn't had any problems with it yet. The CL deal is a pretty good one, assuming the games are ones you want. The rechargable battery/charger set is about $20 new. You can get new games at Target or K-mart during their clearance sales (very limited selection) for under $10 normally, and used ones from ebay for about $10-$15. So the lowest price NEW for what she is selling is about $130 (assuming you don't find the leapster on sale for less than $60).

HTH!

wendmatt
03-25-2008, 08:01 PM
Thanks so much for the reply. I went ahead and got it today, it's in great condition, has the charger and case. But of course the games are not ones that I would've chosen!! There are 3 math ones so I think DD will use them at some time so I don't regret getting them, a Dora one and an Incredibles. She was very nice and it was obviously well looked after.