PDA

View Full Version : Florida

momma_boo
03-25-2008, 09:49 AM
Going down to Boynton Beach in a few weeks to visit in-laws. Any suggestions on places to go/things to do while we're down there? Hoping to hit the beach and spend plenty of time at their pool but need some other ideas as well.

Thanks.

mishmishmom
03-31-2008, 10:45 PM
I don't know of much else to do in Boynton Beach, besides visit the everglades to the west -- there are some nice local areas w/short boardwalks that are doable for young ones. Just north in West Palm Beach you may want to try: the Palm Beach Zoo (it has a water fountain for kids so bring bathing suits), the children's science museum (sorry, don't know the actual name but it's right behind the zoo) or Lion Country Safari. If it's a particularly crummy day or incredibly hot, the main Palm Beach County library (on Clematis St.) has a nice children's section.

To the south in Broward County is Butterfly World, which I've never been to but hear is great, and another science type museum. Even further south is the aquarium in Miami -- again, never been. If you're not staying in a hotel, I'd suggest going into the lobby of one of the hotels and grab a few general Florida magazines. You can usually find coupons for most of the places I've listed.

Have fun!!!

momma_boo
04-14-2008, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. We actually just got back and had a great time. We spent one day at the pool, then a day at Lion Country Safari (which was great), day at the beach (went to Delray Beach), then an afternoon at Butterfly World (pricey but it was a cool experience). For our final day, we chilled out and hung out by the pool again.

fortunately, we had coupons for both Lion Country Safari and Butterfly World, so it saved MIL some money (she paid both times).