PDA

View Full Version : Sesame Street Live for an almost 3 year old?

hillview
03-25-2008, 05:33 PM
We are thinking of taking DS to Sesame Street Live. He will be 3 in July. Would he like it?
TIA!
/hillary

maestramommy
03-25-2008, 05:37 PM
I have a friend who took her 2yo dd to the show, and she LOVED it. Cried when it was over:ROTFLMAO:But she loves the show, Elmo in particular.

Sillygirl
03-25-2008, 08:17 PM
We took Jonathan when he was about two and a half. He enjoyed it a lot, but it took him a while to get into it. And we sat near the back so he could roam around a little and dance. Watch out for the Elmo balloon hard sell at intermission - that really irked me, the whole show seemed to build up to selling these ten dollar balloons.

belovedgandp
03-25-2008, 08:32 PM
Went to Elmo Live on DS 3rd B-day a year ago with four other kids. He loved it. He's the oldest of the group and definitely did the best, but he's always been good at sitting still.

saschalicks
03-25-2008, 08:33 PM
Your child's demeanor is really what sets the stage for this, not the age. DS1 did not do well AT ALL b/c when the lights went out he freaked out. Meanwhile DS2 who is 17.5 mo younger loved loved loved it. That was when DS1 had just turned 3.

Six months later we thought Playhouse Disney what could go wrong. Guess what? I sat out in the waiting area w/DS1 while DH watched the show w/DS2. I would say that if your DS tends to get *scared* easily not to do it. If not, he'll love it.

ETA: make more sense

deannanb
03-25-2008, 11:06 PM
This was the best of all of the shows we have seen -
bring your own snack food (and something special you wouldn't usually feed to avoid cotton candy meltdown).

we avoided the balloon intermission issue because we had to go to the bathroom.

I liked this show because they didn't turn the lights down at the beginning - my son freaked out when we saw Diego, disney live, and Nemo on Ice - all because they shut the lights off at the beginning -

BarbieSmith
03-26-2008, 07:37 AM
My daughters were 16 mos and 2.5 years. They LOVED it! They each needed to sit in a grown-ups lap (luckily we had lots of grown-ups), but they enjoyed the entire thing! They clapped and danced and giggled and showed each other their belly buttons, and played with the boy in the row behind, but mostly they just smiled and clapped at the show! Totally worth it.

Just for your information, my younger one is an *angel*. My older one is difficult (emotional, dramatic, energetic) and yet it was perfect for both. It went waaaaayyyyy better than I ever expected. I would do it again.

Hope this helps,
Barbie