PDA

View Full Version : And it is nice to see you again ...

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
03-25-2008, 06:41 PM
You know how when you see someone you haven't seen in a while, how you want to look your best, be witty and interesting... all that great stuff. Well today I met an old colleague for lunch, we used to be in the same mid-upper management position, but she has since gone on to become an Executive Vice President-- very impressive, while I chose to get married and stay home. Not to mention, she is one of the most physically stunning women I have ever seen and just so nice as well, I was trying my best to look good too. So we get to the restaurant and have to stand in the entry way for a few minutes and we are both noticing this smell and trying too figure out where it is coming from. It is in VERY close proximity. So we are seated and I go to remove my jacket and sit down at the table, pick up the menu and then I see it. ON MY WRIST. That removable black plastic ring that goes in the opening of the garbage disposal. Complete with probably 6 months worth of brown grey crud. Right before I had left the house I had to fish part of a bottle out of the disposal and had not noticed, in my rush to be on time, that that ring had come off on my wrist. In my defense, I had three " other" bracelets on that wrist too.

lizajane
03-25-2008, 06:51 PM
i just wet my pants.

are you KIDDING ME??? ONLY YOU!!! ONNNNNNLLLLLLLLLLLY YOU!!

you were freakin' WEARING the garbage disposal!! to lunch!! with a high powered executive!!!!!!!!

i am DYIN' over here.

ps i have that friend. she works full time, is a VP, has a perfect angel of a child (we just had lunch) is way skinnier than me AND she is 8 months pregnant... her maternity clothes are WAY nicer than my best clothes and her house is not only immaculate, but perfectly decorated with absolute perfect taste. however... she would stay home in one second if she could afford to. (she is the breadwinner.)

ETA: i am 100% literally CRYING as i read this to my DH...

maestramommy
03-25-2008, 06:56 PM
OMG!!! Like Liza said, only you!:hysterical:

Were you able to get it off without her noticing? :hug:

jenmcadams
03-25-2008, 07:05 PM
OH NO! This would happen to you (or me) :)

Whenever I have lunch with my old colleagues who are all high powered business exec types, I'm stressed and worried about something like this.

Sorry it happened, but thanks for the post...I laughed out loud and my kids came running to see what was so funny

fortato
03-25-2008, 07:40 PM
I'm sorry Susan...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... it never fails, you always manage to brighten my day.

I'm sorry about your Disposal Jewelry.

KBecks
03-25-2008, 07:45 PM
LOL, Susan! You ARE the most interesting woman I know. :)

Jo..
03-25-2008, 08:01 PM
No freaking way. I think your subconcious hates you.

Stinky.:ROTFLMAO:

Mommy Of A Little Angel
03-25-2008, 08:01 PM
Wait, you mean your friend doesn't know about garbage disposal fashion?! It's on all the runways in Paris and Milan! Good thing you were there to help her get up to speed with the latest trends! :ROTFLMAO:

saschalicks
03-25-2008, 08:14 PM
LMAO!!!!

That made my day thank you....

Lovingliv
03-25-2008, 08:33 PM
You should write a book. I would buy it.

rlu
03-25-2008, 08:38 PM

I would totally buy this book.

elizabethkott
03-25-2008, 08:43 PM
Oh.
My.
Gawd.
You have to be kidding me!
Pleeeeeeeeeeease tell me that you were able to slink it off your wrist without her noticing.
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!
Or at least that you left the place saying, "the food was great, but there's something about their lack of good air freshener..."

gatorsmom
03-25-2008, 08:55 PM
that is hysterical. First the poop bombs splattering on the walls and then the garbage disposal ring around your wrist. What's next?

So, I'm dying of suspense- what did you do with it?

janeybwild
03-25-2008, 09:07 PM
No way!!!! Only you Susan, you are my hero :bighand:

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
03-25-2008, 09:48 PM
Nah, she saw it and we both about died laughing. We were quite close, so she is quite familiar with my endless "odd" situations.

Emmas Mom
03-25-2008, 09:49 PM

:yeahthat: :hysterical:

That is SO classic!!! I'm glad she's a good enough friend to laugh with you. ;)

o_mom
03-25-2008, 09:55 PM
Made my day!!!

tylersmama
03-25-2008, 10:06 PM
:hysterical:

Seriously, Susan, I would totally buy that book. It would be a guaranteed NYT bestseller!!! Except nobody would believe it was nonfiction! :ROTFLMAO:

At the very least, you have to make sure you write it all down so your kids and grandkids can see how funny and cool you are!

randomkid
03-25-2008, 10:14 PM
"And it is nice to see you again..." Just like the title of this post - I'm so glad you are back! I really missed your stories during your hiatus and often wondered what fun and interesting things were going on at your house. I missed the poop bombs - someone give me a link!

ETA: Have you gone back to that guy for any more pedicures? Just curious.

LarsMal
03-25-2008, 10:23 PM
BWAHAHAHAH!!!!! That is so funny! I haven't been on much lately, and picking this as my first post to read made me really miss being around. Too funny! You just made my day (not to mention everyone else's replies. You all crack me up!)

mommy111
03-25-2008, 10:38 PM
Susan, pleeeeze write that book, you would do the world a favor! I haven't laughed so much since your post on DH's diaper box wall.

gatorsmom
03-25-2008, 10:56 PM
"And it is nice to see you again..." Just like the title of this post - I'm so glad you are back! I really missed your stories during your hiatus and often wondered what fun and interesting things were going on at your house. I missed the poop bombs - someone give me a link!

here's the link:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2114865#poststop

I'm sorry I laughed about this one but the image of those 2 poopie diapers hitting the floor below made me snort soda out my nose.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
03-25-2008, 11:13 PM
ETA: Have you gone back to that guy for any more pedicures? Just curious.[/QUOTE]

No, but we are headed to Florida this Sunday and I need to get my toes done before then. Last time I walked by the salon they had a new sign in the window " NOW OFFERING WAXING" this really made me cringe. Maybe Dusty is now longer there....

fortato
03-25-2008, 11:56 PM
I have no words....

Susan. Please. Write a book.

Dcclerk
03-26-2008, 01:35 AM
A fun and interesting life you lead, Susan. There aren't many who can pull off eau de disposal. Only the chosen can wear appliances as jewelry. Well done. :)

Kungjo
03-26-2008, 02:02 AM
LMAO!!!! You made my day........my life isn't half as exciting. :)

Melanie
03-26-2008, 02:14 AM
Dare I ask what was in your purse? LOL.

Thanks for sharing that. I think of you everytime I put away our tiny German wooden animals and visual them with a drawn-in face. :)

ThreeofUs
03-26-2008, 08:31 AM
Oh. My. Gosh.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA - I can totally imagine being in your situation. How HILARIOUS!

Puddy73
03-26-2008, 10:19 AM
I love your posts - never a dull moment! Can I be your book agent?

StantonHyde
03-27-2008, 02:40 PM
Ditto on the Oh. My. Gawd. I laughed so hard. The cool thing is that you always seem to come through these incidents with grace. I just think of you as a nice person who is well put together--and the world is just conspiring against you :ROTFLMAO: I'm sorry to say--I hope it continues because I always laugh so dang hard at your posts.

Globetrotter
03-27-2008, 04:36 PM
No way! You and your dh lead the most, um, entertaining life!!! :hysterical:

I wouldn't believe half the stuff you come up with if I didn't have photo evidence (diaper wall, duct tape projects, wooden animals, the list goes on!!).

When are you writing the book?

Kris

jayali
03-27-2008, 08:46 PM
Not only will I buy the book, but I want to pre-order it so I am guaranteed a copy!

I had a thought, put the gunky ring around your ankle before you go for the pedicure. That will teach Mr. Creepy!

You truly brightened my day.

Thank you.