PDA

View Full Version : Help Jayci Yaeger see her dad

chlobo
03-25-2008, 07:15 PM
I just ran across this. A girl is dying of cancer & they won't let her dad out of prison to see her before she dies:

http://www.docudharma.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=5518

I guess it was on ABC.

MMEand1
03-25-2008, 08:36 PM
The article does not say why he is in prison. That might help people understand why the prisons will not honor his request. At the bottom there is a blurb about sending money to help with funeral expenses, but it does not mention if the little girl passed on or not. Sad, none the less...

kransden
03-25-2008, 09:34 PM
Well I read this from several sources. It isn't a hoax like I expected it to be. According to MSNBC "Jason Yaeger said the mistake was an addiction to methamphetamine. He has served four years in prison and is scheduled to be released next February." He is due to go to a halfway house in August.

This is very sad. It looks likes the little girl will die without her daddy being there for her. At least he gets to talks to her on the phone everyday even though she can't respond.

chlobo
03-26-2008, 10:24 AM
I don't think the daughter should be punished because her dad was a drug addict. And they are hurting her by not letting him out to see her. He's not asking for early release. Just some time with his daughter before she dies.

This is just sad.