PDA

View Full Version : Favorite doll for a 2yo girl?

geochick
03-26-2008, 10:10 AM
My dd loves her Corolle Calin doll. For her second birthday, I'd like to get her another doll. What is your favorite doll for a 2yo? Are they ready for dolls with hair yet?

Thanks.

kayte
03-26-2008, 02:57 PM
My daughter (25) months loves her Calin doll-- when I saw your thread title I was all set to respond with that doll but I see she already has one. Since she loves that doll already how about some accessories for her. My daughter has the opportunity to play with my niece's dolls (she's 5) but dd prefers the ones without hair and whose eyes close.

brittone2
03-26-2008, 04:07 PM
What about something like a bath baby?

I ordered a Kathe Kruse bath baby for DD (they have some w/ and some without hair), but I'm not sure if I'll give it to her this summer just for fun or for her bday/Christmas (both in December).

I also considered a doll for her bday/Christmas that is something like the Gotz/Goetz Muffin Dolls (the 13 inch size) but like you, I'm not sure if 2 is too early to deal w/ hair maintenance on the doll.

I like KK and Goetz because neither company uses phthalates.

eta: if you opt for a bath baby, a little doll sized towel or maybe even a small baby bathtub etc. could be a cute addition, depending on where she is with that kind of pretend play.

octmom
03-26-2008, 08:01 PM
My DD turned two a few weeks ago. She has a Cailin doll that she likes, but doesn't love. I ordered the Manhattan Toys Baby Stella a few weeks ago after reading recommendations here, and DD really likes it. I also ordered the feeding set and DD loves to feed the baby. There are several accessory sets and the clothes can be removed and changed, including the diaper. DD's favorite part is the mangetic pacifier that attaches to the doll's mouth. The whole doll is soft (not vinyl) and the magnets are within the fabric at the mouth and in the pacifier (and the bottle).

HTH!

new_mommy25
03-26-2008, 08:28 PM
My DD has a Calin and loves her. We have a ton of dolls (I swear they multiply!) but her other favorites beside the Calin are Baby Stella, Little Mommy bath doll, and her brothers old ratty Cabbage Patch Kid.

I would recommend the Baby Stella doll. My DD really loves her and I do too. She's so soft. We have the diaper set and it was an enormous hit. My DD changes her diaper probably 20 times a day. It's ridiculous.

DD has two dolls with hair. One is a Little Mommy doll that talks and moves. I think it is the Real Loving Baby or something like that. I find her creepy. The other doll we have is a Corolle Le Dollies that DD got for Easter. She is absolutely adorable. The hair on the Little Mommy doll has stayed intact for the most part because DD has no interest in brushing or styling at the moment. I think she is too young for that. However we do have several My Little Ponies that come with a brush and DD really enjoys brushing their hair.