PDA

View Full Version : How much is your 7/8 month old eating?

hillview
03-26-2008, 11:53 AM
DS is a very big kid. He was EBF til 5 months and weened at 6 month. He has formula (6 oz) 5-6 times a day. He also has a 4.5 oz jar of food 3 times a day and some (2 tbsp) of cereal with the jars. In the evening he is STILL hungry for more food. What does your DC eat at this age? He is off the charts for height and weight.
/hillary

August Mom
03-26-2008, 03:21 PM
Wow! That's a lot compared to my DD. She is 10 months today and only has 1 jar of stage 2 babyfood a day (or my homemade babyfood). She will self feed some snacks like Cheerios, puffed fruit snacks and some cooked veggies or soft fruit as well. She still nurses about every 2.5 hours or so during the day.

lil_acorn
03-26-2008, 04:08 PM
my ds is 9 months and typically in a day has:
breakfast: 1/3 banana or some oatmeal mixed with EBM, 1 jar breakfast type food
lunch: 1 jar of food / plus some cheerios
afternoon snack (3:30): some "chunk" food - i.e. chunks of avocado, apple, sweet potato, banana, etc.
dinner: mix of oatmeal/EBM that he didn't finish at daycare, 1 jar of food

HIU8
03-26-2008, 04:33 PM
DD is also off the chart for weight. She is 9.5 months and drinks 4 or 5 8 oz bottles of formula each day. Plus breakfast is 6 oz of yogurt and some cherios. Lunch is whatever I make DS (chicken nuggets, hamburger, pasta or rice, a veggie, maybe some shredded cheese and a babyfood fruit (3rd fruit)--DD won't eat cut up fruit or mashed fruit yet). Dinner is whatever we are eating plus 4 or 5 oz of oatmeal and applesauce or something like that. Plus, between lunch and dinner she eats a snack of cherios. Other than the babyfood fruit she will only eat if she feeds herself. Some days more food gets in her mouth than others. Plus, she drinks water from a straw or sippy cup with her meals.

maestramommy
03-27-2008, 06:13 PM
Arwyn is a peanut. AT 7-8 she was probably more like 25% weight. But she was eating 2 stage 2 containers per meal, or a full serving of cereal with a stage 2 container of fruit. Now at 10 months she's eating twice as much as my 2.5 yo. Now that's partly because the toddler is going through a very annoying phase, but also partly because Arwyn is simply a big eater. The toddler is putting on a lot of weight, and Arwyn has dropped to 10th percentile in weight, and maybe 12th percentile in height. These things are a mystery to me. :p

cono0507
03-27-2008, 06:31 PM
My DD is 7.5 months old and about 20 pounds. She is breastfeeding. I started to introduce solids at 6 months and she still is not interested at all. At most we get a couple teaspoons in her a day. I've tried cereals, homemade baby food purees, jarred foods and she is just not interested at all. Doesn't open her mouth for it. We sneak in a few spoonfuls each day and she doesn't spit them out or have much of a tongue thrust left - she swallows it without difficulty, but just couldn't care less.

She's gaining weight fine (was 7-2 at birth) so I'm not too concerned. I just keep on trying and hope that she'll eventually decide food is good! :)

MontrealMum
03-27-2008, 10:56 PM
DS has always been an indifferent eater, though he's much more enthusiastic about milk now that I've started him on those "horrible" solids! He's 7.5 months, 40% for wt. and 98% for height. He's growing on the same curve he was from birth so I'm not too concerned about his finnicky habits. He now takes in about 24 oz. per day in milk (hard to estimate, as I still b/f), and has two solids feedings. We had tried cereals (rice, and oatmeal), and purees (both homemade, and store-bought). He hated it all. The best we got was toleration for some fruits. If you got 2 spoonfulls in him, you were doing well. I just started him on yogurt, of all things, and he LOVES it! He's like a different child! He will eat nearly one of those small lunchbox containers sizes a day. I'm going to start him on organic plain tomorrow and mix the other foods in with it to see how that goes. We will start cottage cheese soon too, but he's quite far away from cut up pieces of normal food, or even chunkier purees. If you have any secrets about those food jars - please share :)