PDA

View Full Version : Why do I even try?

nathethegreatsmom
03-26-2008, 12:49 PM
I had my 18 weeks ultrasound last week and invited my MIL and FIL. I had to be at the appt 15 minutes early, so they were supposed to pick up my DH and DS (2 yrs old) so they wouldn't have to sit in the waiting room so long. As I was pulling out of my street, I see them turn in. They were definitely at my house on time. They call me in for my US and nobody else was there yet. So they show up 5 minutes into it and MIL says "you started without us". DUH!! You showed up late. So they ask if we want to know the sex of the baby and she answers "yes" before we can even answer. DH and I had just decided to find out 1 hour before I left. So they tell us it is a boy (it was very obvious), my mil states, "no, it is a girl". The tech shows her 2 more times that there is a definite appendage and she says "maybe it is just a big labia". She is a true PITA!! I am so glad it is a boy!!

They went to lunch while I had my OB appt and I met them at the restaurant and she was still going on about it being a girl and said to me "you let me down". I was so ticked off, I told her that I produced a girl and her DS turned it into a boy. That shut her up.

Just needed to vent. Thanks

ThreeofUs
03-26-2008, 12:55 PM
I told her that I produced a girl and her DS turned it into a boy.

LOL! What a great come-back!

Congratulations - on your baby boy and on standing up for yourself with someone who doesn't get boundaries.

npace19147
03-26-2008, 01:00 PM
I'm impressed that you went on to meet them for lunch...you know how those ob appts can drag on for so long...

maestramommy
03-26-2008, 01:04 PM
Man, your MIL is incredible. Good for you standing up to her! Hope you got to enjoy our lunch in peace after that great comeback:applause:

Ceepa
03-26-2008, 01:42 PM
When MIL said to you, "you let me down" my dream response would have been, "Well that's OK because you disappoint me on a regular basis."

You're a bigger person than I am.

MamaMolly
03-26-2008, 02:41 PM
O!M!G!
No she didn't.
WTH is wrong with some people???
Big hugs, mama. I'm so proud of you for the way you stood up to her!

tarabenet
03-26-2008, 03:15 PM
Great response. You read the thread about the ILs in labor and delivery, right? I'd start laying the groundwork now for "You will not be in there with us." Good luck!

nathethegreatsmom
03-26-2008, 08:57 PM
Labor and delivery of DS1 is another story in itself. She would not leave the room after 7 months of being told she would have to when I started pushing. My DH had to leave my side to console her and walk her out of the room. This time she isn't even allowed in the room for more than a quick visit prior. I would prefer to call after DS2 is born, but haven't convinced DH yet.

StantonHyde
03-26-2008, 10:52 PM
I'm sorry but if DH EVER wanted to have sex again, he would tell mommy no way--wait for the phone call. There was a great letter somebody sent to an advice columnist and my favorite line was: "I'll send a polaroid of my vagina at a later date!" :ROTFLMAO:

Seriously, NOBODY trumps the mom in labor--NOBODY. I would have reenacted the Exorcist if my MIL tried to stay in the room. It would have been ugly--and then would conviently forget everything I said after delivery :loveeyes:

jal
03-27-2008, 11:24 AM
...and said to me "you let me down". I was so ticked off, I told her that I produced a girl and her DS turned it into a boy. That shut her up...

ANY comeback after a line like that is a great comeback... I would have just been dumb-founded (resisting an urge to slap her).

niccig
03-29-2008, 02:38 AM
My mum said I had let the side down when we found out DS was a boy. Girls have always outnumbered boys in my family, then we all married and were at even number, and then DS tipped the scale to the guys. I said something similar about it wasn't my doing as I didn't provide the Y chromosome. My Dad was elated - he never had a son, and now gets to do all the boy things and DS is very into cars/trucks. And my mum got over any disappointment - DS loves to cook and they do that together.