PDA

View Full Version : Side by Side Double Stroller

nwmm
03-26-2008, 04:05 PM
I know everyone wants the perfect side by side stroller. I feel like I have been doing tons of research only to have gotten no where or going round in round in circles. Help!! :)

I am interested in a side by side stroller. I have a small 2.5 year old - - who does enjoy a stroller ride -- and a small infant.

I tried a McClaren and was surprised to see that the seats were quite slim. Again, I promise I have a tiny 2.5 year old!! I passed that up immediately.

I am interested in a decent basket, sunshade, easy to fold and steer, some of the extras that make any stroll comfortable - cup holders, possible tray options. Obviously, need to get in inside doorways. If it is possible to have one compatible with a Graco Snugride car seat that is even better!!! While we are not joggers, we do enjoy a good long walk and plan to take it into the city etc.

I have a hard time spending $500 on a stroller. Maybe I am making excuses, but I am in plenty of situations where "they" ask that strollers be kept outside where I cannot keep my eye on it. (Again) I have a hard time spending, what I consider a lot of $ on a short time investment, only to have it possible snatched from me. :O I would be willing to spend something in the $300.00 range.

Here is my other dilemma...I don't even know where to try them out. I live near a large city so I do have plenty of options. When I went to Babies R Us, I was told they don't sell many side by sides. ??? I realize it is not everyone's first choice, but I would think a store like that would get every possibility.

Also, what reviews are best to read? This is my favorite source, but should I consider others?

If many products came out in Jan. is it too soon to buy (won't hear about all the bugs that need to be worked out?

Can you help me, please?