PDA

View Full Version : best strollers for WDW w/ 3 kids

sophiesmom
03-26-2008, 05:50 PM
We're heading to Disney again in July (hot!!!). I have 3 kids, aged 2, 5 and almost 7 by then. My 2 older kids still like to sit in strollers!

We are driving down.

These are the strollers I have:

Peg Perego P3
Maclaren Quest
Jeep side by side, but the older 2 are above the weight limit.

What would be the best for me to do?

1. Just take the Quest (or P3) and rent another stroller there. The Quest doesn't have great sun coverage though. If I do that no room to store things, and isn't a good stroller for hanging things on.

2. Take the P3 and Quest. Let one kid ride on the back of the P3 (take turns)

3. Take the P3 and old Jeep sbs, even though weight limit is over. Was thinking of buying one of those big canopies for the jeep, but not sure how that will make out for quick folding.

I've been wanting a Maclaren Techno too, but not sure if I will have by July. The canopy would be great vs. the Quest! Also want a Mac sbs, but again not sure if would get by then.

Thanks in advance for help!
Stephanie

belovedgandp
03-26-2008, 06:53 PM
Depends on if you are staying on-site or driving your own vehicle. If you are on-site and using the bus system I'd seriously consider just renting.

For the ease of jumping in and out, even if you drive in each day in your own vehicle you might consider just bringing one stroller and renting a double there.

bnme
03-26-2008, 07:38 PM
I'd take the P3 and rent a double. AT least you'll have an extra spot on the way back to the car/bus.

If your older 2 are likely to want to sit, they will more than usually at WDW. And the P3 seat to share probably won't cut it.

egoldber
03-26-2008, 08:14 PM
I'd take the P3 and the Quest. The 7 year old may *want* to ride, but can probably walk most of the time and just hop on occasionally. The worst that happens is you rent a double a couple times.

sophiesmom
03-27-2008, 10:11 AM
thanks!~

we are driving down... so will have our own car... we are staying at the boardwalk villas, so will either be walking to epcot/mgm, or taking a bus/boat to MK, and I think may have to drive to Animal Kingdom.

i'm thinking the P3 should be a definite, because of the big canopy and basket, and riding step. maybe we'll bring the quest, and if we need a double if that doesnt work out, we can rent them... i've seen jon and kate plus 8 at disney ,and they loved the rented doubles!

the SBS jeep may take too much room in the ar in addition to the P3.

now to figure out what bags to use!! that will be my next post.

colleenfs
04-06-2008, 11:37 PM
We were planning to rent a double when we go as well (October.) We used one the last time we were there, and we really liked it. BUT have you seen that Disney recently almost DOUBLED (http://www.wdwinfo.com/tips_for_touring/StrollerRental.htm) the price of their stroller rentals?!

The new rates, effective April 6th:

Fees:
$15.00 for single - $13.00 per day for Length of Stay rental
(used to be $10/8)

$31.00 for double - $27.00 per day for Length of Stay rental
(used to be $20/18)

So, now I think I'll be scoping out Craig's List for a used Joovy. :32:

sophiesmom
04-23-2008, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I think we'll take our $12 Mickey Mouse umbrella stroller from Kmart that we don't use anymore!! Or the quest! We're spending enough $, don't want to pay that much for a double!

sophiesmom
07-27-2008, 06:09 PM
We're home! I ended up taking the quest and P3. I had sold my jeep sbs double before i left, and regretted it. I think would have been better to have that, and maybe the quest. The 2 1/2 year old ended up wanting to sit in the Quest for most of the week, and I wanted her in the P3 for the shade! My 7 y/o was tired halfway thru the day and at night, so her and her bro would fight over who would get to sit. Would've been nice to have that double.

We did rent one single for a day.. the heat was brutal and DD needed a break! I don't think I'll ever go back to disney in the summer. (very crowded too)