PDA

View Full Version : You CANNOT tell the gender of my baby by "how I'm carrying"

tnrnchick74
03-26-2008, 07:14 PM
I'm SOOO sick of this ONE PARTICULAR coworker coming up to me, criticizing me of my "lack" of weight gain (I've gained about 15+ lbs so far...that was measured at my last appointment at 27 weeks); AND NOW she doubts that I'm having a boy "because I'm carrying a certain way".

This is a woman who has NEVER had kids...and no matter HOW MANY TIMES I tell her that I had an amnio & have DNA PROOF that he is IN FACT a boy - she has stated that she's only going to get "gender neutral" things for my baby shower.

I'm SOOO sick of these wive's tales that this woman believes as absolute fact! And I don't care if she even COMES to the babyshower! AAAUUUUGGGGHHHH

thanks for letting me vent!

maestramommy
03-26-2008, 07:51 PM
:hug5::hug: Some people have too much time on their hands, and too much breath in their lungs.

tnrnchick74
03-26-2008, 08:12 PM
:hug5::hug: Some people have too much time on their hands, and too much breath in their lungs.

AINT THAT THE TRUTH!!!!

MamaMolly
03-26-2008, 09:15 PM
...and no matter HOW MANY TIMES I tell her that I had an amnio & have DNA PROOF that he is IN FACT a boy - she has stated that she's only going to get "gender neutral" things for my baby shower.

Maybe next time she pulls the whole "I'm buying gender neutral" crap you can tell her to go ahead, but to please include a gift receipt so you can return it for a BOY item.

Again, WTH is wrong with some people???

tnrnchick74
03-26-2008, 09:29 PM
Maybe next time she pulls the whole "I'm buying gender neutral" crap you can tell her to go ahead, but to please include a gift receipt so you can return it for a BOY item.

Again, WTH is wrong with some people???

That's a GREAT comeback! She even acccused the lab of mixing up the tests! I told her that I had full confidence in OUR HOSPITAL'S lab and witnessed the samples being labelled and even had to sign that they were MY labels on the samples. The DNA tests confirm he's a boy. The penis is VERY visible on the US...and he IS a boy!

But what difference does it make to her???

hez
03-26-2008, 10:18 PM
I just smile at strangers when they want to guess if it's a girl or a boy based on how I'm carrying. But if it were someone I had to see day in and day out, I think my smile would be wearing a bit thin. And with her inability to shut up about it...

I say snap at her. And then blame it on the 3rd trimester witchiness :wink2: OK, not really, but at least daydream about it!

elliput
03-26-2008, 10:26 PM
I'd make sure she is banned from the L&D ward. She sounds just the wrong side of crazy to me.

tnrnchick74
03-26-2008, 10:45 PM
I'd make sure she is banned from the L&D ward. She sounds just the wrong side of crazy to me.

Oh MOST definately!!! There is another coworker who has been determined from day one to be invited to my c-section as part of the NICU team. I have been VERY clear with her that I do not want her there - I don't trust her and I will not let her touch my child...even if she was the last person there who could help my baby! She's a competent practitioner, but I know WAY too much about her. She's the one who keeps telling me what a horrible decision I have made about the c-section and I don't deserve to be a mother...even after I have explained that the c-section is a NECESSITY, not a choice and I don't feel that I should have to explain myself or my OBs recommendation to her! I went to my manager, sobbing my eyes out, and was told that if she showed up that she would be fired because she has no reason to even know what OR I am going to be in and its a HIPPA violation for her to look it up! GO MANAGER!!!!

But yes, THIS particular coworker, will be asked to leave if she shows up in my room. We aren't close...she has no reason to come. And I will be listed as a "no info" patient, so it WILL be tracked in the computer if she tries to find my room number. The people who I WANT to know where I am, will!

Melanie
03-27-2008, 02:25 AM
I'm sorry. (though the wives' tale of carrying high or low was definitely true for my PGs!).

People are so annoying to Pregnant women. Married or not, parents or not. Doesn't matter.

kmak
03-27-2008, 11:48 AM
I don't know why some people have to cling so hard to wives tales when the evidence (ie, DNA!) is staring you right in the face. And this is coming from someone who still believes it's bad luck to put your left shoe on before your right shoe.
I had terrible morning sickness with my pregnancies and every one knew for sure what I was having because of that. Well, guess what, I was sick as a dog with both my girl and my boy. My mom was sick her entire pregnancy with me (I'm a girl :)) and my aunt was sick with both her boys.