PDA

View Full Version : Because I can only say it here, I have to say it...

maylips
03-27-2008, 09:26 PM
A conversation last night between DH and myself:

DH:
"I must have looked fat when my hair was longer."

me:
"Why do you say that?"

DH:
"Because 3 people today asked if I had lost weight because I looked thinner."

me:
"hmmm...interesting. Well, I like your hair both ways."

DH:
"yeah, well, it's funny that I looked fatter with longer hair, apparently."

on the tip of my tongue BUT I DO NOT SAY IT:
"well, honey, actually, you look fatter when your gut is hanging over your belt like it has been since I got pregnant a year and a half ago."

I am so mean. But geez, why is he okay with being 25 lbs overweight? And I hate myself for wishing he DID care. But he shows zero interest in losing those extra pounds. *sigh*

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
03-27-2008, 10:23 PM
I am so there with you! There is such a big difference in how men and women perceive themselves. I always catch DH looking in the mirror doing that " I am such a hot piece of man" glance at himself"-- never do you catch a woman doing that, I guess it is good that they are better able to love themselves as they are.

MMEand1
03-27-2008, 10:33 PM
my DH lost about 40 lbs last year when we were training for our marathon. He has kept most of it off, but did not go to the gym for about 3 weeks after I got back from Iraq. Now he stands in front of the mirror about a dozen times a day and comments on how fat he is getting. It's making me crazy! Okay, so you gained back 3 lbs...get over it!

lizajane
03-28-2008, 03:40 PM
i like this one:
"do these pants make me look fat?"

"no, fat makes you look fat."

if he asks you again, just say, "yes. you did look fatter when your hair was longer."