PDA

View Full Version : Any moms who love to wear dresses not pant during pg?

kusumat
03-28-2008, 01:25 AM
I don't really like to wear pants esp jeans during pg. It makes me feel too warm. Lately, I have had difficult time finding the cute ones(casual ones). Where did you get yours? TIA!

SnuggleBuggles
03-28-2008, 10:43 AM
I am cheap when it comes to maternity clothes since you don't get to wear them more than a few months so keep that in mind. But, I lived in Old Navy maternity dresses last summer!

Beth

WatchingThemGrow
03-28-2008, 01:29 PM
I hate Motherhood, but I found 3 casual dresses there last spring (online, had to hunt- can't return easily) + one expensive one from Mimi + one from Target. I felt comfy in them and got tons of compliments.

Similar to this, but I never stood that way... http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?ViewSource=&Product_Id=32361523&category_Name=&Category_Id=&MasterCategory_Id=6

hez
03-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Last pregnancy (due at the end of summer) I wore dresses quite a bit. Bought them at Target & Motherhood. I'm looking forward to getting into them once or twice in April if it would just warm up.

ilfaith
03-28-2008, 05:37 PM
I had two summer babies and wore a lot of dresses and skirts when pg. I was able to find a lot of elastic or stretch knit waisted skirts (at Target, Old Navy and Kohls) that weren't actually maternity, but which fit under my belly, and wore them with maternity tees or tanks (mostly from Old Navy). Then I was able to wear the skirts up at my natural waist once it returned post partum.

brigeet
04-01-2008, 10:35 PM
I wear dresses about half of the time. I wear some dresses from Gap, Gap Maternity, Target, and even one from Forever 21. Luckily maternity type styles are in for normal clothes so half of my dresses are regular dresses, just a larger size.

ahrimie
04-03-2008, 09:40 PM
have you checked out the dresses at old navy lately? i love those long summer dresses, especially since my calves are starting to swell by the end of the day. i just bought something from there, a maternity black halter linen dress, for $25! i'd totally check out forever 21 too... i just bought a top from there, my normal size, and i'm 8 months preggo. i love that the fashions lately are all about volume and a-lines!

houseof3boys
04-12-2008, 08:06 PM
I love skirts and found some cute maternity ones at Target and at Old Navy. In Target, you can also check the regular (non-maternity) section and sometimes the waistband will work for you in a MUCH larger size.

I had 3 casual dresses and every one of them became too short the bigger I got so skirts worked better!

JMarie
04-12-2008, 08:32 PM
I certainly didn't last time - DS was due in February in Chicago, brrrrr! - but with this one due in October in Texas, I will be living in skirts and dresses! I'm also on the ON/Target bandwagon - most are cotton dresses, reasonably priced, and much nicer than muumuu dresses! I really want to find some skirts, I think I'm going to start looking for the elastic waist non-mat ones suggested.

s_gosney
04-12-2008, 09:03 PM
I really want to find some skirts, I think I'm going to start looking for the elastic waist non-mat ones suggested.

Anyone seen any lately? It's warming up here and I'd love some skirts like this to work for the rest of this pregnancy and post-partum as well. Seems like a much better investment than maternity shorts at this point in the pregnancy. I just don't have the patience for lots of shopping at this point, plus people look at you kind of weird when you're hugely pregnant and browsing the juniors department!

Sherri
dd 10/03
ds edd 05/08

apetto
04-13-2008, 07:32 PM
I wear dresses more often than pants too. I find them easier to coordinate and so comfortable at work. My favorite places are Old Navy, the destination maternity website (lots of dresses on sale recently- I picked up 3 for under $60), and Kohl's. So many of this seasons styles are empire and babydoll cuts that I don't even need to shop in the maternity section at Kohl's. I just look for larger sizes in the misses dept. Give it a try. Vera Wang has some generously cut dresses that are available at Kohl's so you get current styles without breaking the bank. Happy shopping!