PDA

View Full Version : What happened to land's end "do it all"?

rgors
03-28-2008, 09:46 AM
I went to recommend this to a friend by sending the link, and I cannot find it anywhere on the lands end website. Any idea why the bag was discontinued (if indeed it was)?

eggnova
03-28-2008, 12:10 PM
I don't know about the "do it all" bag, but the diaper bag backpack was recently discontinued. I called b/c I couldn't find it on the website, and the cust serv rep said they JUST sold out of it, and aren't making more. =(

hrh_julie
03-31-2008, 06:34 PM
I think they have discontinued alot of their diaper bags. The LE Little Tripper is also discontinued. The C/S person I spoke to did say they will have the backpack in stock again NEXT year (gee thanks!)

If we all write to/call LE CS and complain, maybe they will bring them back. They are great bags!

Julie

Melarina
03-31-2008, 08:33 PM
I emailed LE to ask what was up with the disappearance of the backpack, Do-It-All, and Little Tripper. I heard back that they have heard the Do-It-All may reappear in September but didn't know about the other two. However, the rep who responded to my email said she would forward my request so if there are other LE backpack and Little Tripper fans out there it might be good to contact the company and ask for them to be brought back. (I looked at the other diaper bags they have online at LE now and they don't look anywhere near as useful in the way that the backpack and LT have been for me.) I agree on contacting CS if you liked these bags!

MamaKath
04-02-2008, 08:00 PM
They discontinued all three in the last few months. Each rep you talk to has a different understanding about any plan to bring them back. Their new bags do not look nearly as good as the LT, DIA and Backpack. If you look at all their newer bags, they seemed to have changed many features on them. They are not nearly as nice!

As for what to recommend to your friend, maybe an LL Bean Diaper Bag/Large Travel Tote? Somewhat similar to the DIA and just a great utility bag.

MoveOverRover
06-16-2008, 06:47 PM
Yup - Do It All, Little Tripper, Backpack all discontinued. I saw the newer LE Messenger and Clutch in real life and they both seemed "cheapy", especially in comparison to the older bags.

However, I have to say I was never a fan of the Do It All (DH liked though) or the Backpack (way too big and heavy for my daily needs). However, the Little Tripper is one of my favorite diaper bags of all time. Just the right size for those quick outings and it even fits in the basket of Maclarens. Fits 2 bottles, plenty of wipes and diapers, your wallet, keys, accessory bag, small snacks. I used it all the time when hiking. I have no idea why Land's End would discontinue bags that everyone raved about, that show up in Baby Bargains, that have huge word of mouth. I can only guess it was maybe a supply or vendor issue. They really need to bring all three back, though all three could use slight improvements.

Fortunately, you can always seem to find all of the above on Ebay!

ThreeofUs
06-16-2008, 06:54 PM
My bet is that this is yet another casualty of Sears' aquisition of LE. A lot of their good and useful items are being discontinued or cheapened. Really too bad; I trusted the brand.

ATLFTM
06-17-2008, 07:17 PM
I also e-mailed a CS rep very recently. I was told that LE planned to bring back both the Do-it-all and Little Tripper, and they hoped to have them back in stock in July.

sdericksondc
08-22-2008, 01:17 PM
I was told by an informative CSR that the current vendor for the diaper bags [back in June] was falling short of LE quality expectations. The new versions were scheduled for September, but are already available in August. Take advantage of the free shipping while you can.

Lindymagoo
08-30-2008, 12:01 PM
The DIA and LT diaper bags are back, but the color choices are the pits! Admiral Blue or Black. No more of the pretty blue, green, colors.

Swimfreak78
09-07-2008, 09:49 AM
FWIW - LL Bean has a nice diaper bag in lots of nice colors. http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=40299&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&feat=sr&freeText=diaper

The changing pad is a bit small though. If you want more of a tote this is a great bag - http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=30010&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&parentCategory=504174&cat4=504162

soontobe
10-17-2008, 11:19 AM
Hi,

Just wanted you all to know that the Landsend "do it all" bag is back on their site-it looks really good:). I think I am going to try to convince someone to buy it for me, although it is only $30 plus shipping-not so bad.

MamaKath
10-17-2008, 08:01 PM
I think I am going to try to convince someone to buy it for me, although it is only $30 plus shipping-not so bad.

You can often get a free ship coupon code for Lands End. Also, if you go to Sears and order it there you get free shipping.

Dream
12-02-2009, 05:38 PM
Anyone tried Lands Ends Regular Backpack diaper bag? Not the Do-it-yourself bag but the backpack. I would like to hear how it is?
Thank you.