PDA

View Full Version : Sesame Place- yea or nay?

AddiesMom
03-28-2008, 03:27 PM
I haven't been to Sesame Place since it opened in the 80's. I now live in New England so I have no clue if it's worth it or not. We are thinking of taking our 2.5 year old for a weekend while we visit family. A friend told me it's not worth the money, but I am looking for more opinions. TIA!

g-mama
03-28-2008, 04:27 PM
We went a couple of years ago and it was well worth the money to us. Our kids loved it and we had a great time. We went with another family and their kids loved it, too. Your daughter is at a great age for it - I'd say that by maybe age 8 they might outgrow it. Definitely geared to the younger ones, which is nice. Maybe it depends what your friend likes, but I would recommend going.

Marriedladytara
03-31-2008, 07:18 PM
We took my son last summer when he was about 18 months old. He had a wonderful time (and so did we!) We live about 25 minutes away though, so we were able to take advantage of the 2nd day of the pass...

jamsmu
04-11-2008, 11:07 PM
We loved it--it was a great day trip for us (though we live less than an hour away.) Very clean, very family friendly. Expect lines if you go late in the day on a sunny day, esp around the water park.

One warning a lot of local kids get season passes there rather than joining the local swim clubs. So if you're planning to go when school is out, there may be unsupervised tweens running around.

clc053103
05-07-2008, 01:42 PM
if you are in the area anyway, I would go for a fun day activity- but it's not somewhere I would build a trip around. Not enough to do for more than one day, IMO.

we never go, and we live 10 minutes away!