PDA

View Full Version : No Pay Raises

jal
03-28-2008, 05:16 PM
Try to top this grip for the day.

The upper management of a company with about 30,000 employees get their merit bonuses on March 20th.

Then today, announces to the rest of the company that every one's merit pay-raises that are supposed to take effect April 1st have been canceled because the company needs to tighten it's belt.

By the way, according to public records, the CEO alone makes more money in a year than this change is expected to save the company this year.

It also looks like the upper management that made this decision was too chicken to actually tell the employees this themselves. They only told the upper management people of the decision (upper management that already received their bonuses) and it was then this second tier of management that had to start passing the news on down the chain.

Now given the direction of the economy and the fact that our company is in the financial industry, I'll admit that I'm not all that upset about not getting a raise (it wasn't going to be a big one anyway... more like a cost of living adjustment). After all, I've still got a job. But for the upper managment to put the freeze on AFTER they recieve thier bonuses... as someone put it MILDLY "That ain't right".

elliput
03-29-2008, 12:29 PM
Similar thing happened to DH last year. No raise, no bonus, no expected promotion, even after an outstanding performance review. It sucked.