PDA

View Full Version : anyone wear dansko sandals??

lizajane
03-28-2008, 09:08 PM
i have been wearing the dansko professional clogs all winter and they have changed my life! i don't feel nearly as fatigued at the end of the day after i wear them. will the sandals help the same way? there are some cute ones at the dansko outlet online. but i don't want to spend the $$ if they aren't going to "work." 'cause if they aren't going to help with my feet/back issues, i can find cuter, cheaper sandals elsewhere.

kerridean
03-28-2008, 09:19 PM
I purchased a pair of black Dansko sandals last summer and wore them EVERY day. They are the best shoes I have ever purchased! They still look brand new.

WatchingThemGrow
03-28-2008, 09:30 PM
I have some that I used to teach in. LOVE them. Unfortunately, I fell down the steps at school while wearing them when I was pregnant with DD. We were both fine after being watched in the hospital for 4 hours. DH said the shoes were ugly, mean, and I wasn't allowed to wear them anymore. 6pm.com (Zappos Outlet) has LOTS for low, low prices right now, and I narrowly avoided ordering some new ones with friends this afternoon. They are sooooo comfy. You'll have to tell us which ones you get!

Oh... I had the Lacey.. One more important thing... Do you see how these have a "painted" side? http://www.6pm.com/n/p/p/7206567/c/30905.html
and these don't? http://www.6pm.com/n/p/p/7202004/c/60.html
Well, the color comes off and it looks very scuffed quickly. Dansko doesn't care to fix them or tell you how to fix them. Our local shoe store said they've had a lot of complaints about it. Maybe there are some models that are built differently now.

hannah
03-28-2008, 11:35 PM
I have 2 pairs of Dansko "Lolitas". I love them. Very comfy!

s7714
03-29-2008, 12:02 AM
I've had a couple pairs of the Lolitas and they've been by far the comfiest sandals I've ever owned. The only things I don't like about them is that they're on the heavy side (compared to many sandals) and I really wish they had versions that didn't have such a thick heal on them.

I stepped into an unseen sprinkler hole at the park last summer while wearing them and snapped a metatarsal in my foot. My ortho took one look at my foot and said "you were wearing some strappy sandals with a heel weren't you?" :shrug: Needless to say I'm a little more cautious about wearing them to places where the ground is potentially uneven now!

sadie427
03-29-2008, 12:48 AM
I have some quasi-sandals by dansko, like mary-janes with an ankle strap but a closed toe. They are comfortable, but probably wouldn't replace every day sandals like Keens, can't run in them, etc.

nupe
03-29-2008, 10:09 AM
All the sandals I have had from Dansko have had the newer bottom, not the traditional stapled clog bottom. The arch support isn't the same. I also don't like how the weight of the sole is distributed to one are of my foot depending on the strap pattern. So I say try them out first, or be sure you can return. I also found I need a smaller size in Dansko sandals than clogs--I wear socks with the clogs. I also had trouble with one pair of Dansko summer style shoes (newer sole) in that they squeaked on the floor--and I bought them for $$$ at the local place and they couldn't help me!!

That being said, even the newer soles on the Dankso probalby have more support than *most* other sandals...

jvs195
03-30-2008, 08:02 AM
I have the closed back clogs in black patent that I love. I also have the Raven sandals in black. Totally different, but still comfortable. I do agree the heel is very heavy. Be sure to check danskooutlet.com too their prices are much better than the 6PM, just don't have all sizes.