PDA

View Full Version : Searching for the perfect small diaper bag

fantasmic81
03-29-2008, 12:06 AM
Does anyone have any suggestions of what diaper bag to purchase for short trips. Right now im using the ll bean diaper bag - which was excellent for when my baby was small and i was dragging everything around with me. But now i just need to pack a few diapers and some snacks and i dont feel like bringing that big bag with me everywhere i go! i was planning on purchasing the Land's End Little Tripper- but apparantly its been discontinued. Any suggestions?

pastrygirl
03-29-2008, 10:17 AM
If you want really small, I love the Overland Equipment Loie. That ended up being too small for me (with snack and a sippy) so I got a Ju-Ju-Be Be Small, but they just discontinued it and replaced it with the Be Tween. I think the Be Tween is an awesome daily bag!

Melarina
03-29-2008, 11:25 AM
I love my Little Tripper - why in the world would LE stop making them? I hate that. Would have bought them as gifts and would have bought another for us, most likely. I may contact LE to ask about it.

nupe
03-29-2008, 11:28 AM
Have you seen the JJCole Logic? It has just enough room for a few diapers, etc, and it fits over your shoulder and back, messenger style and is not very big and not very heavy. Not a traditional "bag". I haven't tried it out yet.

I too am a huge fan of the LE little tripper bag. I ended up using that more as a toddler bag, but it really is an awesome bag. And we used it for a long long time with DC1.

cheme
03-29-2008, 02:55 PM
That is really disappointing about the LE Little Tripper, I really like mine. I've also heard good things about many of the overland bags - if you have a REI near you, you could go there to look at them.

npace19147
03-29-2008, 03:36 PM
I use the Vera Bradley backpack and I love it - lots of pockets, fabric so lightweight, and washable. And it doesn't scream diaper bag, which is a plus to me!

Joolsplus2
03-29-2008, 03:54 PM
I have a Ju Ju Be Small and LOVE it!!! (they still have some in stock in some stores at clearance prices...) But I think the Between may be even better (it's the same small size, just a little wider). I'm really drooling over this Haiku To Go now http://www.haikubags.com/togo.html

Melarina
03-29-2008, 07:51 PM
So I did email LE and ask what was up with the disappearance of the backpack, Do-It-All, and Little Tripper. I heard back that they have heard the Do-It-All may reappear in September; don't know about the other two. However, the rep who responded to my email said she would forward my request so if there are other LE backpack and Little Tripper fans out there it might be good to contact the company and ask for them to be brought back. (I looked at the other diaper bags they have online at LE now and they don't look anywhere near as useful in the way that the backpack and LT have been for me.)

aidansmommy
03-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Another vote for the JJB BeTween. I just got it an it's the perfect bag for daily use for my 4 year old and 1 year old. If you pack a lot or are going someplace where you need to bring extra clothes, a camera, etc. it might be tight but for errands and quick trips it's wonderful!

fantasmic81
03-31-2008, 09:32 AM
okay- so now that i have done some research on it- im totally in love with the ju ju be small. Now all i have to do is convince my husband to let me spend that much on it. do any of you know where i can find it on clearance? Thanks for all the advice! :)

MoveOverRover
06-16-2008, 06:51 PM
My favorite is the Overland Donner and Lands End Little Tripper (can find on eBay). LE Little Tripper is slightly bigger.

I was super pissed they discontinued it - why on earth would they do that.

Overland Donners are nice, but I prefered the older styles with the prettier girlier interior linings...plus they used to make all bags in the U.S. Now they make all their bags in China, and they do seem a little less nice.