PDA

View Full Version : I guess newly poured concrete is just asking for it

elaineandmichaelsmommy
03-29-2008, 01:36 AM
I had to go out and repair our new sidewalk in front of the house twice today before it could set up. The crew got done at about 2 pm and by 6pm I'd had to go and smooth it back out twice! :32: The second time i caught the kid :) and it was the teenager a couple doors down. So now i get to go and tell her mother. I feel bad about it a little since the mother works long hours as a maid and really has a rough time of it. 4 kids,husband split, the whole story.

But seriously, she was drawing in the cement with a stick and had not just put her own initials but had written enough names to cover half of the sidewalk section. There's weren't any obcenties but really, we'd had it poured, the city had sent the detail team to do the edging and the sweeping design with the trowels and it looked great. Thanks to this stupid girl now half of one of the two sections looks like crap. Now I half to either be ok with it looking like this in front of my house FOREVER or call the city and have them redo it. Which means more heavy machinery in my yard and having to wait longer to resod and relandscape since this was all because we had our lateral sewer line replace and since it went from the front of the house they had to take up the sidewalk.

I'm sure most people have decent well behaved kids and I don't want anyone to take this personally because I'm just ranting and hormonal. But right now I really don't like 13 year olds :32:

Melanie
03-29-2008, 02:25 AM
How frustrating. Next time you could put up a sign that says "video surveillance!"

What did the mom do?