PDA

View Full Version : OT - drugstore mineral makeup?

Twoboos
03-30-2008, 03:22 PM
Has anyone had good luck with drugstore brand mineral makeup (Neutrogena, Maybelline, etc.). I have some Bare Minerals but it "expired" a couple of months ago. I am still using it though, and like it, but have noticed that all the major brands are carrying some type now. Just wondering if I could save a little $ or if I should stick with the good stuff.

Thanks!!

khm
03-30-2008, 04:46 PM
I've been super happy with L'Oreal's mineral powder foundation. It covers well, but isn't nearly as shiny as Bare Minerals is for me. I'm on the pale side and I never liked the sheen of the Bare Minerals, it was just way, way too shiny. I do hate the container though, so I dump it into an old BM one.

Maybelline has a liquid mineral foundation that I'm also very happy with. Their compact "finish" powder is nice too.

brittone2
03-30-2008, 06:44 PM
From what I've read it is often less concentrated. I'm not sure if you are concerned about parabens, but one of the reasons I use mineral makeup is to avoid parabens, and most of the drug store brands contain parabens (methylparaben, etc.).

I'm an everydayminerals fan. It is relatively inexpensive for the quality and quantity. No parabens either :)

JMO.