PDA

View Full Version : Trip Trap vs Euro High Chair

lindaana
03-30-2008, 04:08 PM
Hi Ladies., wondering if any of you can help me. DD is very much wanted to be a "big" girl lately (trying to sit on our chairs at the dinner table/etc. I was thinking of getting a booster, but to be honest, we only have a 4 seater dining room table and currently DD takes up one of them in her FP Space Saver High Chair. Im looking to invest in either the Trip Trap or the Euro Chair (One Step Ahead.) Anyone have very strong opinions for one or othe other? The Euro is about $100 cheaper so if its just as good, I'll probably do that.
Thanks in advance you for advice.
L

brittone2
03-30-2008, 06:51 PM
I may not be remembering this correctly, but for some reason I think I recall people mentioning the OSA chair was more "tip-able" than the chairs like the KZ/Tripp Trapp. How much of an issue that is probably depends on the child's personality and age. I may not even be remembering that accurately. Hopefully someone w/ that chair will chime in!

We have a KZ purchased several years ago and LOVE it. DS has used it every day for almost 3 years straight.

DD has a Kettler Tipp Topp which I do not like as much. She's 15 months now and it will work better once I don't have to worry about the harness, etc. Right now she still sits a little awkwardly in it and I don't like it as much as the KZ. Amazon had it for $99 when I got it, so it was still a decent deal, but I prefer DS's KZ (and would like to eventually move DD to a KZ or Tripp Trapp)

vludmilla
03-30-2008, 07:19 PM
I can't speak about the OSA chair but we have the Tripp Trapp and LOVE it. DD was a preemie and she was absolutely swamped in most plastic high chairs but she has always and still does sit very well in her TT chair. It was costly but I'd get it again.

WatchingThemGrow
03-30-2008, 08:30 PM
I think someone asked a similar question about these chairs recently, so search and see if you can find it. We love our Kinderzeats (former name for TT)!

tmarie
03-30-2008, 11:19 PM
I only have experience with the Trip Trap. We LOVE ours. I have been so impressed at how sturdy it is (and tip resistent--dd climbs in and out of it, despite our discouragement!). I was really hesitant to spend the money on it, especially not knowing how our dd would like it. It turned out to be a great investment...no regrets! Also, love how easy it is to clean!

HTH.

tmarie
dd#1 5/05
dd#2 7/08

Davids-Coco
03-31-2008, 12:38 AM
We have a trip trapp... and DS is a monkey who literally hangs himself upside down and yet the thing never tips. The harness is obviously very sturdy too. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again and probably will get another for number 2.

MontrealMum
03-31-2008, 05:36 PM
We have a Tripp Trapp and LOVE it! We've been putting DS in it since he was about 5 mos. and he is very secure in there. I put him in it to eat (obviously), but also when I wash the dishes, clean, and cook. He's very happy in there. It's sturdy, and really easy to clean. A little pricey but well worth it in the end.

schrocat
03-31-2008, 10:06 PM
We love our Tripp Trapp!!! It's so easy to clean and DS can climb on and off it himself.

amandabea
03-31-2008, 10:48 PM
We love our Trip Trapp too! I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. I bought it at babystyle and used a 20% coupon, so it was about $200
I figure the resale value on Craigslist is good too, so I could easily sell it for at least 50% of what I paid.

julieakc
04-01-2008, 01:41 AM
Another vote for the TT/KZ.

I looked at the OSA one as well, but ultimately decided to go with the KZ because:
1) I wanted a color
2) the weight limit is higher so I figured it has longer use - I completely plan on it being a desk chair or extra chair around the house when DS is older
3) everyone here said the KZ was very stable and there was less certainty about the tip factor with the OSA chair

It's a great chair and I wish I would have bought it even sooner. We've had it going on 2 years already and I don't regret one penny of the money spent.

1964pandora
04-01-2008, 09:12 AM
Unfortunately, I don't think that anything measures up to a Stokke. I also wanted to find something less expensive that was nearly as good, but couldn't, IMO. Just bite the bullet and get a Stokke! You won't regret it.

We have two Stokke Kinderzeats and I would buy them all over again. I bought ours new at discounted prices. Maybe you can find a deal somewhere or buy a used Kinderzeat on ebay? Besides, if you ever decide to sell them, you can nearly recoup your money.

Susan