PDA

View Full Version : NJ-things to do

bnme
03-30-2008, 07:53 PM
We have a family wedding in May and will be staying in Tinton Falls NJ. Anything fun to do with kids close by? I think Great Adventure is a half hour away -but not sure if thats for preschoolers (?). We don't want to travel more than 1 hour so Hershey/Lancaster is out (we will do that later in the season!).

TIA!

AddiesMom
03-31-2008, 07:38 AM
Sesame Place is 1 hour away. I did a post this weekend looking for Sesame Place info/opinions (it's expensive since it is a 2-day pass!)

bnme
03-31-2008, 08:05 AM
Thanks! We have not been to Sesame yet but many people I know rave about it and go annually even though it is several hours from us. I know someone who lives closer and gets the annual pass every year.

I would go there but 5/9 is too early in the season (cold).

We may do Sesame/Hershey/Dutchwonderland/Lancaster over the summer.

AddiesMom
03-31-2008, 08:14 AM
Glad to hear that someone else liked it. I am going back and forth on if we should go there, we don't have to worry about hotel, just the passes are expensive! Thanks!

wencit
03-31-2008, 11:14 PM
I think Great Adventure is a half hour away -but not sure if thats for preschoolers (?). Great Adventure the theme park, no, but it does have this Wild Safari park attached to it that would be fun for preschoolers. DH is from that area of NJ, and he took me there when we were dating. I'm looking forward to taking DS when he's a little older. It's a "safari-like" attraction where you stay in your car and drive around, and the animals come up to you. I think it would be fun for little kids to see camels up close and personal, have monkeys jumping around on your car (make sure you take your rental, LOL!), and be literally feet from all sorts of exotic animals.

http://www.sixflags.com/greatAdventure/NearbyParks/WildSafari.aspx

AddiesMom
04-01-2008, 06:56 AM
Another thing, it is 75 min away but in Easton PA there is the Crayola Factory Discovery Center.

http://www.crayola.com/factory/index.cfm?action=plan.about

bnme
04-01-2008, 10:17 AM
The safari is a good idea, didn't remember about that.

How is the Crayola Factory? How long of a time do you spend there and what do you do? Is there anything else to do in the area (lunch, walk around the town)?

jayali
04-06-2008, 09:11 AM
Depending on the weather you can always head south to Point Pleasant Beach. They have kiddie rides and Jenkinsons, on the boardwalk and a small aquarium, of course the beach is alway fun also. It is probably less then 1/2 an hour from where you will be. It would be good for a half day trip.