PDA

View Full Version : Wallet Recommendations

belovedgandp
03-30-2008, 09:02 PM
I'm looking for a good brand of ladies wallet. I've been buying cheap ones that fall apart about every year, so I'm trying to see if I spent some money on a decent one if it would actually last longer. In comes some surprise b-day money, so I have about $75 to spend. I could probably swing a little more fun money that direction if I fell in love with something.

Any brands you love? Suggestions on where to buy? I haven't looked beyond Target or Kohl's for so long I wouldn't even know where to start.

Tammy
03-30-2008, 09:28 PM
I got a Fossil wallet a few years ago (like at least 2?) and it's still in perfect condition. It's nice soft leather and stretches (believe me I stuff it). They have many sizes also. I got mine at Bergner's.

tnrnchick74
03-30-2008, 09:40 PM
I bought a Coach wallet at their outlet store about 3 years ago...still looks perfect and I toss it in my work bag as well as my purse.

I had a fossil wallet for many years as well - it looked really nice until one day it just fell apart! But I DID have it for several years and abused it greatly!

new_mommy25
03-30-2008, 11:36 PM
I've had a Fossil wallet for about 3 years and it's finally ready to be replaced. I have been very happy with it.

Tondi G
03-31-2008, 12:28 AM
I have a Coach Wallet and it has been with me for some time and still looks great! I highly recommend Coach, but they can be expensive!

Neatfreak
03-31-2008, 01:17 AM
I bought my husband's Fossil wallet for him five years ago, and it's still in great shape. The leather has softened up nicely.

Maybe that means that it's on the verge of falling apart LOL!

mamalia
03-31-2008, 03:02 AM
I bought a lovcat wallet that I LOVE. It's tumbled burgundy leather covered in quilted hearts with lots and lots of pockets and card slots. It even has a little rhinestone heart at the clasp area. CUTE, but also functional. I stuff the thing, and it gets routinely tossed about as I switch bags almost daily. Still looks good as new. Okay, so I went online, and I have one word - OUTLETS. I think I paid about $50 for my wallet at Off Saks, and it's online for much more. The Coach outlet also has huge discounts on their wallets. Lovcat (at least mine) isn't entirely made of leather like most Coach wallets are, so it's probably not going to last as long. DH's wallet (coach) is about six years old. It's getting a bit tired looking, but has held up really well.

KBecks
03-31-2008, 09:25 AM
I also have a Fossil wallet right now. The Coach ones are lovely, but $$$. I decided I'd rather have $ in my wallet. I would love a Coach one as a gift, but I couldn't buy one for myself.

jacksmom0902
03-31-2008, 10:03 AM
I'm using a Lodis wallet and checkbook that I've had for about three years and they still look great. The quality is very good and I love that they offer their products in fun colors so they're easier to find in my purse. Have fun shopping!

tnrnchick74
03-31-2008, 10:59 AM
I also have a Fossil wallet right now. The Coach ones are lovely, but $$$. I decided I'd rather have $ in my wallet. I would love a Coach one as a gift, but I couldn't buy one for myself.

It depends on where and what style you get. I bought both my Fossil and Coach at outlets. I paid about $75 for the Fossil and $100 for the Coach - not a huge difference in price. The Coach is lasting a little bit longer than the fossil did (so far). And it looks a little nicer this far out.

Piglet
03-31-2008, 11:06 AM
I have the opposite problem (well not really a true problem). I have a Roots wallet that just will not die. I already want a new one because I am tired of this one, but it is still looking great and not falling apart. I really shouldn't complain because I hate finding the perfect wallet and this one does serve my needs, but I am itching for something different and not red (like my current one).

BeachBum
03-31-2008, 01:37 PM
I love my Hobo International! Here is the link...There are several pages of them.
http://www.hobobags.com/store/productslist.aspx?categoryid=32&Page=1

nupe
03-31-2008, 02:59 PM
I really wanted a wallet with a zip all the way around, and Levenger had one like that. The wallet has held up well. It is on the heavier side,b ut I think most wallets w/these features are about this weight.

belovedgandp
03-31-2008, 03:59 PM
Thanks for all the great ideas. I need to start shopping. I really need to go feel and poke these in person. Right about the time I figure out where everything should go in my wallet it falls apart.

KBecks
03-31-2008, 04:13 PM
It depends on where and what style you get. I bought both my Fossil and Coach at outlets. I paid about $75 for the Fossil and $100 for the Coach - not a huge difference in price. The Coach is lasting a little bit longer than the fossil did (so far). And it looks a little nicer this far out.

I paid $40 for my Fossil at a department store. I should probably go see the outlets sometime but it's not very convenient. I'm sure there's good deals to be had.

ThreeofUs
03-31-2008, 04:18 PM
I'm using a Lodis wallet and checkbook that I've had for about three years and they still look great. The quality is very good and I love that they offer their products in fun colors so they're easier to find in my purse. Have fun shopping!

I'll second Lodis. Excellent product, phenomenal customer service.

pastrygirl
03-31-2008, 04:47 PM
I love my Brighton wallet! It's a tri-fold and is just gorgeous. :love-retry:

ged
04-01-2008, 01:34 AM
I third the Lodis. I have a small one (wanted it that way), and absolutely love it. I got it in a pretty light blue color that I love and that allows me to find it in my big ol' bags.

1964pandora
04-01-2008, 09:15 AM
I love my Hobo International! Here is the link...There are several pages of them.
http://www.hobobags.com/store/productslist.aspx?categoryid=32&Page=1

This wallet is all the rage on the "Purse forum." It gets recommended time and again as a well priced, but very stylish wallet.

Mine has worn like iron, and I think it's tres chic!

Susan